Sharia Crimes: Comprehensive Training for Peace Officers, Social Workers, and Judicial Officials
Summaries of the Weekly Webinar Series offered Sept – Dec 2018.
“These summaries are a great plus for the echo chamber we need
in order to grow the revival of Justice and personal safety.”
– Dick Manasseri, Sharia Crime Stoppers
PDF Available here: [gview file=”https://www.theunitedwest.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/2018-SCS-Offered.-15-Week-Webinar-Summaries.pdf”]
THE TRAINING PURGE AND PLAGUE OF SELF-CENSORSHIPCurrent Counterterrorism Training Renders Us Unable to Know Our Enemy
- In 2008, DHS scrubbed ‘jihadist’ from its communications lexicon, substituting the obfuscating term ‘violent extremist’ in its stead. This violated Sun Tzu’s maxim ‘know your enemy’. The purge of standard counterterrorism training (and specific trainers) followed. It was replaced (at the insistence of 57 Muslim groups) by Countering Violent Extremism (CVE is described here). CVE nonsensically treats all threats alike and misses key factors that explain Islam’s unique propensity to violence.
- New training materials must not describe Islam as having a tendency towards violence
- Fact-based scenarios involving armed Muslim women were removed from Navy SEAL training, at CAIR’s insistence
- New training guidelines ignore the evidence and forbid trainers from suggesting that the Muslim Brotherhood works through front groups to establish sharia law in America. The guidelines also proscribe equating Islam with criminal activity law, even though sharia law approves of several crimes, including wife-beating and female genital mutilation. Moreover, the new guidelines ignore the fact that jihad is core religious doctrine, not a ‘perversion of Islam’. Even if it were a perversion, we would still need to understand the perversion in order to know the enemy.
- Islamist violence is not attributable to poverty or unemployment; it’s been taught by Muslim institutions for 1,400 years.
- Since 9/11, many jihadis who have attacked the U.S. homeland have expressed a desire for martyrdom, undeniably a religious motive.
- Purging truth from counterterrorism training has rendered agencies unable to see the warning signs of impending Muslim terrorist attacks or to discern the motives of the attackers. Warning signs like Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock’s probable conversion to Islam and trips to the Middle East.
- Current training tells agents not to conclude that a person’s association with a terrorist group means that the person supports the group’s violent objectives, contrary to Supreme Court precedent holding that association is tantamount to material support for terrorism.
- “Openly challenging US government through political pressure” is Final Non-Violent Phase of [the Muslim Brotherhood’s] “Underground Movement Plan”
THE CURRENT THREATA Perfect Storm of Motive, Means, and Opportunity is Producing Jihadi Attacks in the U.S.
- Islamic doctrine
- From authoritative sources: Quran, Hadith, Reliance of the Traveller (statement of sharia law)
- 109 violent passages in the Quran, e.g., ‘soon we will cast terror into the hearts of nonbelievers.’ There may be violence in Christianity but no instruction to kill nonbelievers and apostates as there is in Islam.
- Muslims have a religious duty to donate money to those fighting for Allah, meaning people who are engaged in military-style operations against the infidel
- Islam is perfect and must prevail over all other religions; it is the only true religion and must dominate the earth.
- Jihadis read Qutb who wrote rebellion against Allah must be suppressed through jihad; Muslims must cleanse the earth and witness their faith by removing all obstacles. Jihad is an “organized struggle” to ‘liberate’ non-Muslims from man-made law and establish Allah’s sovereignty on earth. The enemy tells us they attack us because we are nonbelievers. [Editor’s Note: even if you believe this is a perversion of Islam, you must understand it as what the self-declared enemy is telling you is their actual war-fighting doctrine.]
- Jihadi blueprints after 9/11 emphasize frequent small attacks, as they will have more impact than one large attack. Small attacks are also dismissed more easily as ‘lone wolves’. However, the Manchester attacker sought and received permission from ISIS and the Orlando terrorist was well-trained by others. There are no ‘lone wolves’.
- Many jihadi attackers in the U.S. since 9/11 fit the profile of being 2nd or 3rd – generation Muslims or converts to Islam. They’re not all young; some are older like Stephen Paddock, the Las Vegas shooter.
- Many law enforcement officers have been attacked in the U.S., Europe, and Canada. It is not a coincidence that ISIS urged such attacks in 2014.
- There have been many jihadi attacks and convictions in the U.S. in 2018, including a woman in Florida who crashed her car into a police station. On average, two suspected terrorists are arrested every week. Contrary to widespread belief, we have not ‘turned the corner’.
- There is copious documentation of infiltration of our southern border:
- thousands of Muslims from terrorist countries have been arrested trying to cross the border
- four members of ISIS were arrested in Texas in 2014
- Hezbollah runs drugs across the border to finance its operations (the Obama administration shut down efforts to stop this)
- Reports of Iranian sleeper cells in the U.S. are ‘just the tip of the iceberg’
- Numerous jihadi paramilitary training camps are operating in the U.S., some run by the Muslim Brotherhood
- A Muslim arsenal was found in Minnesota
- 80% of U.S. mosques teach violence. They will have to be investigated one-by-one (including surveillance and undercover work).
- Law enforcement says they can’t move against the camps until the camps break the law
- Arrests are being made all over the country – not just one region – in urban, suburban, and rural areas
- Congress has not acted so citizens should pressure Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to designate the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization
- There are many ways the U.S. Treasury could disrupt foreign financing of terrorist activities in the U.S.
- Isn’t all this subversion? It certainly is material support for terrorist activity which is against federal law
SHA’RIA LAW & WOMENMany Sharia Practices are Considered Crimes against Women in the U.S.
- Again, definitive sources were used in creating this webinar (Quran, hadith, Reliance of the Traveller [accepted statement of sharia law])
- Women are inferior under sharia law; they do not have equal rights. Men are privileged at every turn:
- Wives must submit to sex-on-demand by their husbands
- Men can have 4 wives, but women can’t have 4 husbands
- Women must submit to a dress code that covers everything except the eyes; the veil marks women as restricted property of a man. Women (including Western women) who do not conform to this dress code are fair game for sexual violence and at fault if they are raped; Muslim men are not expected to be able to control themselves. Clever Western feminist propaganda attempts to turn the veil – a symbol of female subservience – into a badge of gender justice and sexual equality, but wife-beating alone puts the lie to these claims.
- In some places, women cannot testify in court at all; in others, it takes 2 women to equal the testimony of 1 man
- A woman must have 4 witnesses to prove a case of rape
- A man can divorce his wife simply by saying ‘I divorce you’ 3 times
- Sharia practices constituting crimes under U.S. law:
- Honor killings – kill the daughter to redeem the honor of the man/family. Often, multiple family members are involved
- Female genital mutilation – to control the sexuality of women. Detroit case discussed
- Child brides – girls as young as 6 are forced into marriage (surprisingly, not all U.S. states have marriage age of consent laws). This is pedophilia. Also, young boys are sex toys for Muslim men. (This is not considered ‘homosexuality’ because the men don’t leave their wives and the boys can’t grow a beard yet and are, therefore, not ‘men’. This is just another form of Muslim male dominance over other human beings.)
- Polygamy – multiple wives
- Temporary marriages – this is administered by local imams who basically act as pimps in a religiously-sanctioned paid prostitution scheme
- Wife-beating – this is assault and battery
- Rape and sex-trafficking – There are Muslim grooming gangs in the U.S., in Minnesota, Ohio, and Tennessee
- Distinguishing between Muslims
- The above pertains to fundamentalists. Fundamentalists believe in Islamic supremacy and support jihadist groups and terrorism. They also believe Islam has been hijacked by secular Muslims who must be purged in order to re-establish ‘true’ Islam
- Fundamentalists are engaged in civilizational jihad and use stealth means to impose sharia. One example of stealth is placing Muslim women in leadership positions. This is a deception. It also shows it is OK to break sharia law in order to impose sharia law.
- They hide behind political correctness, the First Amendment, multiculturalism, and Islamophobia in this fight
- The Muslim Brotherhood exemplifies civilizational jihad. We should summon the courage to designate it as a terrorist group and declare it as subversive.
- Most Muslims are law-abiding, not fundamentalists or jihadis
- However, in the U.S., polls show substantial percentages of the Muslim population here support suicide bombings, Al Qaeda, and the use of violence to impose sharia law. Moreover, untold numbers of Muslims are working to overthrow the Constitution and turn the U.S. into an Islamic state.
THE IDEOLOGY OF JIHADISTS (Part 1)My Holy Book Says 109 Times ‘Slay the Infidel’ – Can We Be Friends?
- Early Fundamentalist Theorists in Islam, drawing on doctrinal support:
- combined religion and state
- decreed that any deviation from the one true path is apostasy and punishable by death
- urged a return to Islam’s Golden Age
- attempted to cleanse Western decadence and influence from Islam
- preached world domination and the use of warfare to achieve this goal (establishing a world-wide Islamic system of state rule)
- taught that jihad will bring about true ‘freedom’ – man-made law will be swept aside and Allah’s law will be implemented where all will be ‘free’
- characterized jihad as a religious duty to fight; there can be no coexistence with the infidel; there will only be one winner in this conflict
- these teachings inform today’s jihadists (Wahhabi’s, Al Qaeda, etc.) who often talk about ‘fighting for Allah’. 9/11 was an Awakening, an initial step to wake Muslims up to the need to return to the Golden Age of Islam.
- ‘Defensive’ Jihad
- Anyone who is not a fundamentalist Muslim (Muslim and non-Muslim) is an enemy
- Fighting Islam’s enemies is ‘defending Islam’, thus allowing jihadists to claim they are not the aggressors.
- ‘Islam is under attack’ is a clever rhetorical trick and successful recruitment tool for jihad. Jihadists are authorized by the Quran to fight back.
- The success of this ploy is seen is seen in the all-too-common sentiment, ‘9/11 was America’s fault’. This sales pitch is being promoted in some U.S. public school classrooms.
- ‘Peace’ does not mean the same to jihadists as it does to us. We define ‘peace’ as coexistence and the absence of conflict. To jihadists, there will only be ‘peace’ when Islam wins and all non-Muslims are confronted with three choices: convert, submit to Islam, or die. [Editor’s Note: Islamic documents often sound good to Western ears but, as this example shows, they use seemingly ordinary words as terms of art that are defined quite differently somewhere else.]
- The True Meaning of ‘Jihad’
- ‘Spiritual’ Jihad is another rhetorical ploy, that jihad is just an ‘inner struggle’ against temptation and appetites. There is little doctrinal support for this spin. It’s a deception that sucks in the politically correct crowd. Don’t be confused: the true meaning of jihad is military action to expand Islam.
- Jihadists are following the example of Muhammad who fought in 27 battles and authorized 50+ more.
- Islam became the majority faith in many countries through conquest.
- Other Aspects of Jihad
- Jihadists are redeemed from all their sins. Martyrs are guaranteed immediate entry into paradise where 72 virgins await (a powerful motivator)
- Muslims are taught they will live forever in torment if they fail in their religious duty to wage jihad.
- Jihad is permanent until Islam is victorious, but it can be paused for up to 10 years (“hudna”) which, coincidentally or not, is the length of Obama’s Iran nuclear deal.
- There is doctrinal support for sex slavery
- Given the doctrinal support for jihad, only idiots can claim jihad is a ‘perversion’ of Islam. Even if it were, we still must understand the enemy’s war-fighting doctrine.
- Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Alexis de Tocqueville, and Winston Churchill all saw the true violent nature of Islam. Jefferson sent the U.S. Navy and Marines to fight the Barbary Pirates, Muslims who demanded payment to stop attacking American shipping. Adams saw Islam as a threat to the U.S. Constitution.
- There are 109 violent verses in the Quran, e.g.,
- “slay the idolaters”, “slay the pagans”
- “strike off their heads”
- “their skins are roasted”
- “strike terror in the hearts of those who disbelieve”
- These violent verses likely inspired the beheading in Oklahoma a while back (for refusal to convert to Islam), as well as the beheadings and burnings by ISIS of its captives.
- The Doctrine of Abrogation – another rhetorical trick. Islamists often recite peaceful verses from the Quran to support the proposition that Islam is a religion of peace. However, these early verses from the 610-622 Meccan Period are abrogated by later war-filled passages of the Quran from the 622-632 Medinan Period. More on abrogation in a later webinar.
- Final Notes
- Not all Muslims are fundamentalists or subscribe to jihadist ideology. Many are non-observant, in the same way many Christians and Jews are non-observant. Law enforcement has developed techniques to figure out which Muslims can be trusted and which cannot.
- Good sources:
- TheReligionOfPeace.com (monthly reports on jihad attacks and casualties)
- MEMRI – Middle East Media Research Institute (research about Islamist ideology and Islamist organizations that threaten the West)
- Webinar Instructor’s Bibliography on TheUnitedWest.com (scroll down past the list of webinars)
- Ibrahim, Raymond. Sword and Scimitar: Fourteen Centuries of War Between Islam and the West. De Capo Press, 2018
THE IDEOLOGY OF JIHADISTS (Part 2)Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies
- Hijra – Islamic religious duty to colonize. Migrate to non-Muslim countries, band together in enclaves governed by sharia law, do not assimilate, and prepare for conquest. Progression: Peaceful – Prepare – Conquer
- Dar al Islam v. Dar al Harb – the worldview that divides territory into Islamic space and the House of War. Do not befriend non-Muslims. When territory becomes Islamic space, tell the remnants of the population covert, submit to dhimmitude (second-class citizenship, available to Christians and Jews), or die. Given this worldview, jihadist attacks make perfect sense.
- Apostasy – punishable by death, as prescribed in the Quran. Traces back to the beginning of Islam. One Muslim figure said Islam cannot survive without the threat of death for apostasy.
- First Jihad – Muhammad’s battles (622-632).
Second Jihad – North Africa, Spain, the Middle East, South Asia (632-1683)
Third Jihad – formation of the Muslim Brotherhood to bring Islam back to its roots [Salafism] (1928 to the present)
- Doctrine of Abrogation – Muslims often cite peaceful passages from the Quran to show Islam is a religion of peace (‘let there be no compulsion in religion’), but these verses are abrogated by later war-like verses (‘slay the infidel’). Also, Islam abrogates all other religions. They are null and void.
- Tools of Deception:
- Fake friendships with non-Muslims
- Taqiyya – the religious duty to lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam
- Kitman – artful spin, what aren’t they telling you?
- Terms of Art – ‘terrorism’ can only occur against Muslims. Violence against non-Muslims is not ‘terrorism’. Similar subterfuges are employed with respect to ‘extremism’, ‘human rights’, and ‘peace’. Deconstruct their statements: they may sound good to Western ears but actually mean something completely different.
- Muruna – by any means necessary. You can throw out all the rules to promote the return of Islam to its roots. E.g., Huma Abedin marrying a Jew.
- Intermarriage – Muslim men lure women into marriage, then abscond with the children to make as many Muslims as possible [Editor’s Note – more Population Jihad, like hijra]
- Place Muslim females in Western dress as high-profile spokespersons to fool the infidel
- Falsely claim Islam empowers women
- Condemn terrorism in general terms, without naming specific individuals or acts. Terrorists take this as a green light for continued violence.
- Falsely claim jihad is a ‘perversion’ of Islam when, in fact, it is core doctrine
- Ft. Hood Case Study
- There were plenty of warning signs that Nidal Hasan had become radicalized. He said suicide bombings are justified and referred to fratricide, which he eventually committed. He did not hide the fact that he was steeped in Islamic doctrine.
- It is important for law enforcement to understand he was following his beliefs.
- He was investigated but cleared because there were no past acts of violence. He was promoted. Political correctness prevented proper assessment and handling of the situation. The DoD report was a whitewash, never once mentioning Islam or sharia and calling the rampage that killed 13 people ‘workplace violence’. However, a Congressional report said it is important to understand Islamist ideology and to name the enemy.
- The process of willful blindness began under George W. Bush with the elimination of words like ‘sharia’ and ‘jihad’ from the law enforcement lexicon. It continued with the replacement by Obama of standard counterterrorism training with the watered-down Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) approach. These policy changes set the stage for Ft. Hood and later botched investigations (e.g., Orlando, Boston Marathon bombing) where clues were overlooked and evidence of Islamist radicalization ignored.
THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOODBoiling the Frog Slowly (Civilization Jihad)
- Terrorist attacks and ‘stealth jihad’ work in tandem (‘good cop, bad cop’), but both have the same goal: Islamist supremacy, establishment of a caliphate, and the imposition of sharia law on all mankind. The Muslim Brotherhood believes military jihad might not be necessary if the ground is adequately prepared (dawa).
- Its 1977 playbook and its 1982 “Project” document lay out how the Muslim Brotherhood intends to establish Islamic world government in stages. Strategies and tactics:
- Avoid open alliances with terrorist organizations (play good cop, ‘condemn’ terrorism)
- Infiltrate and take over existing Muslim groups
- Launder money to jihadist groups through charitable organizations
- Infiltrate government at all levels, unions, and other institutions
- Partner with other faiths and Progressives (Red-Green Axis
- Get followers to sow unrest
- Promote the idea of martyrdom as the highest aspiration
- Muslim Brotherhood operations in the U.S. began in 1962 with the Muslim Student Association. Camps were started in 1971. The Holy Land Foundation was established to raise money in the U.S. for Hamas. The predecessor to CAIR was started. Mosques were built and the push for refugee resettlement began.
- Explanatory Memorandum – Discovered by the FBI in 1987. Written by senior Muslim Brotherhood leaders (some say it was written by low-level operatives, but senior leaders have never repudiated it). The gist is to ‘destroy Western Civilization from within through its own hand in a Grand Jihad’ with help from non-Muslims (useful idiots). The goal is to overthrow the U.S. government, subvert the Constitution, and impose sharia law. Law enforcement is unprepared for jihad as long as it does not understand this criminal conspiracy.
- More tactics (as proved by the evidence in the 2009 Holy Land Foundation terrorism financing trial):
- Hide behind the Constitution (aggressively assert rights)
- Exploit our tolerance (beat back challenges with charges of Islamophobia and hate speech; induce self-censorship through political correctness)
- Exploit appeasement and accommodation; incessant demands for special privileges for Muslims (e.g., foot baths in airports)
- Dilute and purge counterterrorism training, offer their own as a substitute (CVE) [Editor’s Note – This is disastrous. We can’t have the enemy inside the wire telling us how to regard the enemy.]
- Threaten other Muslims with apostasy (punishable by death)
- Promote sharia blasphemy codes which are antithetical to free speech
- Campaign donations [Editor’s Note – this has progressed to running lots of candidates across the country.]
- Penetrate public and higher education
- Target other religions through interfaith dialogue [Editor’s Note – despite the cute name, these are carefully crafted demoralization operations.]
- Entrench sharia into the U.S. system in stages (e.g., arrive, build mosques, etc.)
- Population jihad – hijra (colonization), high birth rate, refugee resettlement. Every tactic (e.g., confrontation) becomes more powerful as their numbers grow.
- The Explanatory Memorandum identified Muslim Brotherhood front groups in 1987, including the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), the Muslim Student Association, and the predecessor to CAIR. The plan is to create a parallel society, with a Muslim Brotherhood front group corresponding to every existing group in society (e.g., student associations). The front groups have interlocking boards for better coordination.
- The Explanatory Memorandum constitutes a criminal conspiracy to subvert the Constitution and overthrow the U.S. government in violation of 18 U.S.C. 2385.
- Dawa – preparing the ground for jihad, as directed by the Quran. All are called to Islam, invited to become believers. Non-Muslims must convert, submit, or die. The Islamist forces slowly gain strength and we become demoralized. Tactics include:
- Removing non-Islamic symbols to eradicate cultural underpinnings of society (e.g., statues, denigrate the Founders, attack Christmas and Columbus Day, etc.)
- Start imposing sharia compliance (e.g., female-only hours at swimming pools)
- Muslims stay in enclaves and do not assimilate.
- Build more mosques (there are now 3,000 Islamic centers and mosques in the U.S., plus 700 Muslim Student Association chapters)
- Go slow and avoid pushback (gradualism) [Editor’s Note – they also engage in perimeter testing; push here and there and keep going where you don’t meet resistance.]
- Play the victim card
- The plan is very far along; the early stages are complete. Later stages are in progress. Law enforcement takes its cue from local politicians, some of whom cave into Muslim demands.
“DAWA” AND THE FIVE PHASE PLAN OF “CIVILZATION JIHAD” AGAINST THE WEST
Islam is Marching Through our Institutions, By Design
- Muslim Brotherhood Front Groups – Funded by the Saudi government, these groups are the self-appointed voice of Islam in America. Non-MB groups are splintered. These groups infiltrate governmental, social, and educational institutions to further the MB’s plan for conquest. The FBI has a troubled history of kowtowing to these groups, even after the Holy Land Foundation trial which exposed the Muslim Brotherhood’s plan to overthrow America in federal court.
- CAIR and its role in ‘soft’ or ‘civilizational’ jihad:
- CAIR is the fund-raising arm of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas in America, according to evidence presented in the Holy Land Foundation trial.
- A federal judge has called CAIR a “criminal organization”
- CAIR has voiced support for Osama bin Laden and the 1993 World Trade Center bombing defendants
- CAIR’s founder said its goal is to dominate the U.S.
- CAIR uses deception, such as female spokespersons when women generally have far fewer rights under sharia
- CAIR vociferously objects to mosque surveillance, programs to root out disloyal police officers, etc. It forced the NYPD to withdraw a report on radicalization. It stopped intelligence gathering in Anaheim. It pressured the Justice Department not to prosecute the named Holy Land Foundation co-conspirators.
- CAIR uses lawfare and intimidation to silence critics
- CAIR tells Muslims not to cooperate with the FBI or customs agents
- CAIR pressures law enforcement to shut down counterterrorism training it does not approve of, and seeks to have such courses de-certified. It claims only trainers it approves of can offer accurate training [Editor’s Note – this is the enemy inside the wire telling us how to regard the enemy]
- The Muslim Brotherhood in U.S. higher education:
- The Muslim Student Association is a Muslim Brotherhood front group. Established in 1963, MSA is now on 700 American campuses. Several terrorists are among MSA’s alumni.
- The Saudis fund radical Wahhabism in U.S. academia. One can quickly list $100 million in Saudi donations. Why does Yale need a $10 million sharia law center? The money comes with strings attached: they control Middle East studies hiring, and what is taught about jihad. As a consequence, thousands are being misinformed.
- Islamization in local schools:
- Muslim influence in the schools extends to text books, teacher training, forced student participation in Muslim activities (e.g., wearing hijabs) and even the Pledge of Allegiance (‘one nation under Allah’)
- Pro-Islam homework activities (e.g., ‘describe the 5 pillars of Islam’)
- Muslim holidays are being recognized, for all students
- Text books present a misleading picture of Islam (e.g., ‘religion of peace’ while ignoring Islam’s violent history)
- A ‘gatekeeper’ group intimidates publishers to submit texts for review or face allegations of ‘Islamophobia’
- Muslim Brotherhood influence of public officials / infiltration of U.S. government agencies
- Muslim money flows to U.S. Presidents, ambassadors, etc.
- The Treasury Department could do more to disrupt terrorism financing (e.g., indict the named Holy Land Foundation co-conspirators)
- The Huma Abedin example is instructive. Brought in as an intern, she became chief of staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. CAIR has said that internships are an excellent way to place operatives in the government.
- The inaccurate but prevailing thought among some government officials is that there is no nexus between Islam and terrorism, and that the Muslim Brotherhood is on our side in the global fight against terrorism. McMaster subscribed to these views and acted accordingly when he worked in the White House. Mattis’ views are also problematic: he believes that terrorist attacks are the result of false religious views when, in fact, jihad is core doctrine in Islam.
- JetPAC is promoting Muslim candidates for office.
- Islamic Blasphemy Law
- Blasphemy is defined by Muslims as anything that is unfavorable to Islam, EVEN IF IT’S TRUE. Truth is NOT a defense under sharia blasphemy law, unlike U.S. libel law.
- Blasphemy also includes anything that encourages Muslims to leave Islam.
- Offensive speech can be punishable by death, and anything objectionable is ‘hate speech’ which should be punished criminally.
- If bad things happen, it’s the speaker’s fault. [Editor’s Note – in this way, fabricated ‘Days of Rage’ are used to shut down speech. The ‘heckler’s veto’ is not recognized in U.S. free speech law, but is determinative in sharia blasphemy law]
- U.S. media is sharia-compliant: Facebook is searching out ‘anti-Islamic’ posts and the AP style manual forbids the use of terms like ‘Islamist’ or ‘terrorists’.
- Muslims are aggressively moving to shut down free speech (e.g., in shopping malls which previously allowed it)
- Sharia in U.S. courtrooms:
- A few years ago, the Center for Security Policy documented the use of sharia law in over 50 U.S. court cases. These are typically family law disputes in which the imposition of sharia disadvantages women and abridges their constitutional rights.
- Another way in is through arbitration where the parties agree sharia law will apply.
- It’s been an uphill fight to get American Law for American Courts legislation passed; only 10 states have it.
- There are many examples of aggressive legal action to get special rights for Muslims: driver’s license photos where the woman’s face is covered; Disney World; many employers get sued if they don’t offer prayer breaks to their Muslim employees; too many crosses at a Catholic university; pork handling or serving; keeping hijabs on for mugshots, etc.
- these hostile acts are designed to demoralize us.
Week 8 (10/23/18)
PSYCHOLOGICAL FACTORS AND MUSLIM AGGRESSION
The Aliens Have Landed: Cultural Scripting, Violence, and Crime
- Studies show Muslims are more prone to violence
- Anger is easily triggered in Muslim males
- Violence rises in 2nd and 3rd generations of immigrants (alienation due to deliberate lack of assimilation and the attempt to live by sharia in foreign lands)
- The more devout they become, the more violent they become (correlation with religiosity)
- Inbreeding is common among Muslims; one of the consequences is lower empathy
- Un-Western Cultural scripts:
- Compromise is a sign of weakness. Concessions are to be followed by more demands.
- Avoiding confrontation is shameful
- Dislike of outsiders
- Integration is the model; not assimilation. Integration means live among others, but don’t adopt their culture. This means that the cultural factors producing violence in Muslim boys will NOT be abandoned in a new land.
- Intolerance of criticism
- Guilt is not tied to personal guilty knowledge, but to public knowledge. There is no guilt if people don’t know what you did. But criticism by others is a source of shame.
- Honor must be preserved, or reclaimed if lost – even by killing. Family members must restore honor quickly because shame is disruptive to the prime cultural directive: group solidarity. [Editor’s Note – Bedouin mentality; life is tough in the desert and survival depends on group solidarity.]
- Note the bad mix of aggressiveness and being thin-skinned. Muslim responses are often disproportionate as a result.
- Assimilation is tantamount to criticism of Islamic culture and thus cannot be tolerated
- Victim mentality: all suffering is caused by others, not personal choices. Must find scapegoats.
- Rape is the victim’s fault. Men cannot be expected to control themselves. Women are Satanic; they seduce and manipulate. Muslim men are victims. Female sexuality is to be feared as a threat to the social order. Rape culture is actively promoted.
- Most Muslim crime is against non-Muslims and is justified by Islamic theology.
- Anger, threats, and intimidation are considered virtuous when directed against non-Muslims
- Islam cannot be criticized. Consequence: Victims of Muslim crimes in Western countries are being sacrificed to political correctness.
- Male births are celebrated; female births are not
- Toddler males are pampered; girls quickly learn they are subordinated to their brothers.
- Females are taught that their libido is a ticking time bomb and this is why the women in their lives will subject them to female genital mutilation
- Mothers are devalued and abused. Polygamy is common and divorce can be instant.
- Violence is a normal part of family life. Boys are groomed to use violence, girls to expect it.
- More on violence:
- Violence is justified by sharia: violence is how you achieve ‘peace and social justice’
- ‘Critical Stage’ document: “The Management of Savagery”. The U.S. military has known about this for more than 10 years. It states that Muslims must establish a caliphate to rule the earth and Muslims must strike their enemies often to instill fear in them.
- Hostages are to be liquidated.
- Christians are to be exterminated as we are seeing now in the Middle East and Africa.
- Beheadings and the burning of captives are religious duties imposed by the Quran (8:12, 47:4, 4:56)
- Muslim Crimes:
- Sharia-sanctioned pedophilia (‘boy play’ – which is not considered homosexuality)
- Child pornography
- Rape: 90% is by Muslims in Oslo; Sweden is now the rape capital of the world; 95% of child rape in the UK is by Muslims.
- Growing problems In the U.S.: sex trafficking, gang rapes, etc.
- First memo to U.S. law enforcement: Honor Killings
- Honor killings are a religious duty; there is no punishment in Islam. Must wash shame with blood.
- It is shameful for males not to reclaim family honor
- “ghayra violence” – used by males against female family members
- There can be no rest until family honor is restored. Women who flee these situations need to be placed in witness protection programs.
- Other cultures may engage in honor killings, but not nearly to the same degree. Unlike other cultures, Muslims have brought the practice here.
- Many victims are tortured
- In North America, 91% of honor killings arise from female family members becoming ‘too Westernized’, not sexual behavior, e.g., taking non-Muslims as friends. Females adopting Western ways and dress means the males have lost control over the family.
HONOR VIOLENCE & EMERGING ISSUES – Part 1The Crime of Covering Up Sharia Crime
The purge and sanitization of sharia training described in previous webinars have resulted in law enforcement officers (LEOs) being unable to name a single sharia crime or, indeed, to describe sharia at all. Here are three sharia crimes: honor violence (HV), forced marriage (child brides), and female genital mutilation (FGM). (Sorry, but these are facts, not ‘racial profiling’.)Honor Violence (HV)
- Examples include the Muslim Buffalo TV executive who beheaded his wife who had filed for divorce.
- Other motivations for HV include female family members becoming too Westernized, refusing to wear the hijab, dating non-Muslim boys, and (in 12% of cases) sexual activity.
- Apostasy and conversion to other faiths are often motivations
- LE needs to recognize that HV is different from ordinary domestic violence. Differences include:
- The unique dynamic of acting to remove family shame and reclaim family honor, which is missing in ordinary domestic violence cases.
- The religious motivation and obsession Muslim men have with restoring family honor. This leads them to hunt down their intended victims who flee. It also meant, in one case, that a pregnant daughter who killed her unborn child was still subject to honor killing herself. There is nothing the intended victim can do to remove shame; she must be killed. The intended victims have betrayed tradition; you will hear Muslim males make statements like ‘nothing is more important to me than restoring my family’s honor.’
- Overkill (repeated stabbings, multiple gunshots) and body mutilation
- Domestic violence is often spontaneous, while honor killings are carefully planned with several family members commonly involved in the planning process.
- The guilty knowledge, acquiescence, and even active participation of other family members in planning and executing honor killings differentiates these cases from domestic violence cases (80% of honor killings involve multiple perpetrators). Other family members are often accomplices in honor killings. They, and Muslim observers, will commonly ‘valorize’ HV as a good thing.
- There is a code of silence on the part of those involved in honor killings.
- The perpetrators have no sense they have violated the law, while domestic abusers usually know full well they will face criminal charges. Indeed, the HV perpetrators feel they are upholding the law (sharia).
- There is no such thing as women’s equality in Islam. Women can’t just take the children and leave. There is no room in sharia for that. Men are the custodians of women (Quran 4:34). So Muslim men can beat their wives for disobedience.
- Muslims blame the victims in HV cases, leading to preposterous statements like: ‘the daughters who were killed pulled the trigger themselves, not the father who killed them.’ Again, this goes back to the religious underpinnings of HV.
- HV victims have no institutionalized support network, nor can they turn to their families for help.
- Muslim religious leaders are complicit. They commonly try to get the intended victims to change behavior.
- Families committing honor killings often attend mosques that have ties to terror.
- Because LE is often ignorant of honor/shame culture, it will often fail to recognize a situation as an honor killing or otherwise fail to connect the dots while investigating. Forced suicides to defend family honor sometimes go unrecognized and cases are closed as mere suicides.
- LE ignorance of HV dynamics often leads to young females being returned to their families who have made deliberately misleading statements about how it’s all a big misunderstanding, etc. LE often cooperates with families seeking the whereabouts of their runaway daughters. Muslims know this and exploit the default position of LE and social workers that it’s best to reunite the family. LE often doesn’t realize that female runaways are in danger if returned to the home. This ignorance has disastrous consequences for the intended victims. Placement with Child Protective Services is often the only real answer in HV cases, but Muslims tend to sue over such placements. It’s a real problem what to do with the intended victims. LE should NOT contact the intended victims at home, but go to their school to meet with them instead.
- Political correctness and Muslim advocacy seek to blur the differences between HV and domestic violence. Despite the very real differences, there is an attempt to classify all HV as domestic violence, employing the propaganda line that ‘Muslims should not be singled out’. Unfortunately, there are already examples of LE submitting to political correctness. In Tempe, Arizona, LE later admitted they feared Muslim reprisal if they classified a case as an honor killing.
- The courts are not helping. Judges sometimes accept ‘cultural incompetence’ as a defense. Instead of applying the law equally to all, judges will excuse HV in some cases because the perpetrator ‘didn’t know any better.’ [Editor’s Note – whatever happened to ‘ignorance of the law is no excuse’?] This can lead to absurd results like courts accepting the Muslim notion that there can be no rape inside of marriage; Muslim males are entitled to sex on demand from their wives, no matter what, and judges are buying it.
Forced Marriage (child brides)
- HV can occur when daughters refuse a forced marriage.
- These marriages are often pedophilia (child brides). Not every state has a law setting a minimum age for marriage.
- In one case, the perpetrator killed the family of the groom the daughter wanted to marry.
- In line with Islam’s granting custody of women to men, marriage is a transfer of ownership from one man to another.
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- FGM is performed to control the libido of females so they will remain virgins until they are forced to marry. Thus, FGM ties back to family honor and partially explains why there is such resistance to assimilation to Western norms among Muslim immigrants.
- LE is usually unaware that FGM is a federal crime (18 U.S. Code Section 116). In 2013, transporting anyone overseas for FGM became a federal crime. LE is not getting this training.
- 150K-200K girls in the U.S. are at risk for FGM.
- A crazy statement from HHS, erroneously proclaiming that FGM has no link to Islam, shows the depth of misunderstanding / deception on this issue.
- The ACLU opposes the criminalization of FGM.
- There have only been 2 state prosecutions for FGM. Not every state has a law, and laws vary in scope.
- The federal prosecution underway in Detroit involves up to 100 victims. Many Muslims have traveled to Detroit from other states for FGM.
- There are so few prosecutions in part because the crimes routinely go unreported. Young girls are told to remain silent or else, and family members are complicit. It’s rare for a third party to report FGM.
- FGM practitioners often have no medical training and don’t use antibiotics or pain killers. Complications often ensue, including hemorrhaging and even death.
- For more information, go to the Ayaan Hirsi Ali Foundation website.
Advice to Law Enforcement
- Don’t buy the religious freedom excuse.
- Take allegations seriously.
- Take indications that a girl is about to be transported overseas for FGM seriously (‘vacation cutting’).
- Look for overkill and body mutilation as tip-offs your case is an honor killing.
- Be prepared for pushback from Muslim religious leaders for ordinary enforcement actions.
- Vet your translators; some will be aiding and abetting the perpetrators.
What Can I Do?
- Get anti-FGM legislation in the many states that don’t already have it. Legislation should include mandatory reporting requirements for healthcare professionals who see FGM cases.
- Lift the news blackout on sharia crimes. Encourage writers and talk show hosts you know to report on sharia crimes.
- Because there is such ignorance of sharia crimes and lack of enforcement of existing laws, this puts an unfair burden on victims. They have to make herculean efforts to defend themselves (e.g., putting spoons in their underwear to trip airport metal detectors on their way out of the country for FGM). They deserve a better shake from law enforcement.
Week 10 (11/13/18)
ADDITIONAL EMERGING ISSUES IN COMMUNITIES – Part 2
Give Us Your Huddled Masses Yearning to Rape and Intimidate
– plus: Selecting Community Partners
Grooming and Rape Gangs
- Doctrinal backdrop – The West is in what Muslims call the House of War (territory remaining to be conquered for the Muslim Caliphate). Women in the House of War are considered spoils of war if they don’t comply with Muslim dress codes. These ideas are found in the Quran and based on the life of Muhammad.
- Rape is deliberate humiliation. It tells non-Muslim women they are not safe and non-Muslim men they are powerless to protect their women. Spectacular examples include the New Year’s Eve attacks in Germany and the fact that 90 percent of rapes in Oslo are now committed by Muslim men.
- Muslim rape culture is spreading in America, but is being ignored by law enforcement.
- So-called ‘experts’ falsely advise that the women are at fault if they are raped by Muslim men (blame the victim).
- Rape gang cases have been reported in the UK; a CBS reporter; Texas, California, etc. They happen in large crowds. An inner ring rapes women and an outer ring prevents interference. Then they switch places. The cultural defense (‘rape of non-Muslims is not wrong in Islam’) was offered in a Colorado rape case.
- Muslims groom young girls for sex trafficking by giving them presents and flattering them, then drugging them. Grooming culminates in rape and prostitution. Escape is prevented by torture. There are perhaps 10,000 grooming gang victims in the UK. There was a U.S. case in Minnesota.
- There are numerous reported cases of Muslim taxicab drivers raping young women in New York City, and Muslim Uber drivers sexually attacking female passengers in Michigan, Connecticut, Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and Indiana. Muslim Uber drivers target co-eds in college towns.
- The Muslim Brotherhood front group CAIR defends sex slavery.
- A spectacular attack occurred in Idaho when 3 Muslim teens raped a 5-year-old special needs child. Law enforcement officials intimidated the community into silence. There were also attacks in New Hampshire, one involving a 7-year-old girl. An imam in Oregon was indicted for sex trafficking. A North Carolina imam was charged with sexually assaulting young boys.
- All of this being swept under the rug.
Selecting Community Partners
- Avoid Muslim Brotherhood front groups (CAIR, Muslim Public Affairs Council [MPAC], Muslim Student Association [MSA], etc.)
- CAIR tells Muslims not to cooperate with the FBI. CAIR also agitates against training law enforcement on sharia crimes and counterterrorism. In addition, CAIR joins the ACLU in agitating to get local law enforcement to leave their regional FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force.
- MPAC and others counsel law enforcement to:
- Abandon intelligence-led policing
- Stop behavior profiling
- Stay out of mosques and otherwise keep its distance from Muslims
- Only use Muslim Brotherhood front group-approved trainers (Editor’s Note – thus putting the enemy inside the wire telling us how to regard the enemy)
- The FBI has a bad track record of outreach to Muslim groups. It invites CAIR to its BRIDGES meetings. FBI representatives have gone to the terror-tied Dar al Hijrah mosque in Northern Virginia to offer assurances of a hands-off approach.
- Do partner with Muslim reform groups.
- CAIR claims non-Muslim Brotherhood groups are illegitimate and not to be partnered with, e.g., Center for Islamic Pluralism. But such groups can help law enforcement. For example, when CAIR objected to some conference speakers, non-Muslim Brotherhood activists spoke up for them and their presentations went forward.
- Law enforcement should go to MOA (Muslims of America) compounds when invited as valuable intelligence can be gained and there is no other way in without a warrant.
- Law enforcement should be careful who it hires. Bad hires include the Ohio DHS who hired someone later fired for recommending it partner with Muslim Brotherhood front groups.
- Muslims have a religious duty to lie to infidels (taquiya). Law enforcement should use its expertise to sniff out liars among potential community partners, using the same techniques it uses to assess liars in other law enforcement contexts.
- (See also the JOURNALIST’S GUIDE TO VETTING MUSLIM LEADERS AND MOSQUES for more ideas.)
Intifada in America
- The riots in Ferguson and elsewhere featured efforts to insinuate the Palestinian cause into the mix. ISIS offered to send soldiers. Other Muslim groups attempted to get involved.
- There was Muslim involvement in the anti-Trump protests, e.g., the Muslim Student Association was involved in the Chicago protest.
- Antifa trained in Syria; anti-Trump groups met with Al Qaeda in Germany.
- CAIR openly supports the radical activities of Black Lives Matter. Further cooperation is through the Muslim Anti-Racism Coalition (MuslimARC)
- CAIR works to shut down anti-Islamist conferences.
- Islamist/Leftist cooperation (the ‘Red/Green Axis) is fomenting social unrest in America.
Public Intimidation against ‘See Something, Say Something’
- The ‘Clock Boy’ incident was staged from beginning to end, including Clock Boy’s invitation to the Obama White House. Clock Boy’s lawsuit failed, but not before the episode was effectively exploited for propaganda purposes as ‘discrimination against Muslims’.
Week 11 (11/20/18)
MOSQUES IN AMERICA
Mosques are not ‘Churches’ – They are Launching Pads for Jihad
There are 3,200 mosques in the U.S., up from around 1,000 after 9/11. Eighty percent are controlled by Saudi Arabia. Many are funded by the Saudis or leased from them. The money comes with strings attached – who the imam will be, Wahhabi (violent) teachings, what the children are taught, etc.
Significance of Mosques
- Religious – mosques are used for prayer which is a pillar of Islam. They are a “place of submission” (bow to Mecca)
- Nonreligious – mosques are not just houses of worship. They have cultural, educational, political, and social purposes.
- Muslims are to live close to mosques to prevent assimilation by nonbelievers
- Mosques serves as a SEAT OF GOVERNMENT (unlike churches and synagogues) and court
- Mosques are training centers
- The land, once used to construct a mosque, is considered Islamic forever
How the Muslim Brotherhood Views Mosques
- According to the MB’s Explanatory Memorandum, mosques are the “axis for our movement” to conquer America
- Mosques serve as a base of operations to prepare (dawa), then ‘supply our battalions’ (i.e., jihadists), just as in Muhammad’s time, when mosques were so used to stage military operations and confine prisoners. [Editor’s Note – thus, mosques also serve as armories]
- This is why the MB works to keep law enforcement out of mosques
- The MB wants one or more mosques in every city
- Shia and Sunni leaders agree on the role mosques play in Islamic conquest. Thousands of Christian, Jewish, and Hindu sites have been converted into mosques after conquest. Mosques in non-Muslim countries are called ‘outposts’.
Mosques and Radicalization
- Mosques in the U.S. have ties to terrorism. Among numerous examples:
- Columbus, OH – after one attack, Muslim leaders in Ohio proclaimed no radicalization took place in this mosque and pivoted to claiming Islamophobia)
- Falls Church, VA – 9/11 hijackers attended the Dar al Hijrah mosque
- Boston, MA – Boston Marathon bombing. Radicalization program teaches ‘Islam must dominate’ and violent jihad (using texts from Qutb and other jihadi writers)
- Oklahoma City, OK – workplace beheading
- Florida – Orlando Pulse nightclub attack
- Brooklyn, NY – first World Trade Center bombing, plus a history of illegal weapons trafficking, financial support for terrorists, and training attendees in terrorist survival skills and how to disarm police officers
Muslim Warnings about Mosques
- Ex-imam – ‘mosques are ticking time bombs’
- Imam in France – the mosque is a “battlefront” inciting hate and violence
- U.S. Muslim activist – ‘mosques are hotspots for radicalization’
- More warnings from UAE and Canada
Sharia Adherence Survey
- 2011 study of 100 randomly selected mosques in the U.S.
- Found correlations between sharia behaviors and violent literature in mosques, and between violent literature in mosques and promotion of jihad by mosque leaders and guest speakers
- Sharia behaviors include women wearing head coverings, gender separation, enforcement of traditional prayer lines, traditional attire (imams, men, children), traditional beards. These are visible indicators there may be a problem (although it’s true jihadis can also be found in suits walking the halls of Congress)
- Literature studied also included audio and visual materials, as well as items promoting hate and intolerance of nonbelievers
- 81% of the mosques had violent literature
- Especially when promoted by the imam or guest speakers, the presence of violent literature suggests “an environment prone to jihad recruitment”
- There was also a correlation between the absence of violent literature and the imam not preaching violence or financial support for terrorism
Law Enforcement Willful Blindness
- Violent literature advocating the overthrow of America was found in one New Hampshire mosque after an observer saw a preponderance of military-age males at the mosque and women complained that comments from these males on the street made them uncomfortable. All of the was ignored by the police chief and local media who fended it off with the typical ploy ‘Islamophobia’
- If law enforcement turns a blind eye and won’t enforce the law, citizens can pressure their elected officials to fire the police chief and other officials who serve by appointment
Lessons for Law Enforcement
- Behind every ‘lone wolf’ terrorist or ISIS recruit, there is a mosque where they are receiving instruction on Islam. The problem is that 80% of U.S. mosques preach jihad and imposition of sharia law on America
- The absence of violent literature reduces the chances that radicalization is occurring at the mosque, but the presence of violent literature suggests radicalization may be occurring
- Both violent literature and speech promoting violence are protected under free speech [Editor’s note – assuming they are not inciting imminent violence but, rather, only promoting violence more generally], but law enforcement should take the Sharia Adherence Survey to their local legal authority and prosecutor to work out in advance what authorities will do if violence is promoted at a mosque.
- Law enforcement should also find out if hatred and jihad are being taught in mosque classes and Muslim schools, as this may suggest ongoing crimes of pedophilia and child abuse (such crimes actually came to light during a research study)
- Law enforcement should learn from NYPD methods how to scrutinize mosques
- Lack of probable cause may keep law enforcement out of mosques for the most part, but fire marshals can always go in. Also, the police can ask to go inside. If violent literature is discovered, law enforcement can confront the imam why the literature is there and go public with the discovery that the mosque is promoting violence.
Week 12 (11/27/18)
RADICALIZATION TO JIHAD – Part 1
Frighteningly Normal People and their Path to Jihad
How Does Someone Become Radicalized?
- There are common threads in high-profile cases (e.g., American ISIS recruits killed in Syria), starting with the idea that they felt a “yawning emptiness” and a “need to fill the void”.
- Many in the U.S. who have become radicalized are 2nd or 3rd generation Muslims, or converts. They are well-educated, perhaps from privileged backgrounds, and have no previous criminal record. They don’t become radicalized on their own; they have outside help.
- According to Backyard Jihad by Valerie Greenfeld, there are push and pull factors in radicalization. Some are pushed by loneliness, hurt, or other personal grievance, but recruiters are right there to fill the void with sharia. They identify and befriend potential recruits as the first step in a highly structured, well-worn path to radicalizing recruits.
- Ideology is the key factor present in all Islamist radicalization cases: “we’re motivated by our religion.” Martyrdom as atonement for all sins is unique to Islam. Another key feature of the ideology is the portrayal of violent attack as a form of worship.
- It’s not true that mental illness explains jihadi attacks. Jihadists are generally found to be normal (if misguided) and they are very social in their way.
- Moreover, social grievances do NOT account for jihadi radicalization. Jihadists are not losers in life or victims of social forces. As a group, they are well-educated (above average), and comfortable economically (middle class).
- Nor are they, strictly speaking, motivated by their libido (acting only to secure virgins in heaven), or by personal tragedy (there’s no evidence of that).
- The ‘lone wolf’ label is inaccurate. It takes a village to raise a jihadist – there’s always a mosque or jihadi network in the picture. ISIS and other groups use social media to communicate with recruits directly.
- MSNBC and other media falsely minimize the Islamist threat. They claim few people are killed in jihadi attacks in America, but they always leave out 9/11 (3,000 killed). They count incidents instead of fatalities (Pulse nightclub attack – one incident but 49 killed). They pad right-wing extremism statistics, e.g., counting every infraction by a KKK member, even unrelated petty crimes, as right-wing extremist terrorism. They mislabel Islamist terrorist attacks, e.g., Ft. Hood was just ‘workplace violence’.
NYPD Study on Radicalization
- From analysis of case studies, NYPD found 4 stages in the radicalization process. Understand the stages and you will better predict who will attack. [Editor’s Note – Muslim groups criticize all radicalization models, saying nothing is predictive, in an attempt to disarm society. However, the recurring factors present in the case studies prove otherwise.]
- Not all who start the radicalization process finish it; many drop out. But those who do finish are highly likely to attack. Not all do. The key factor at that stage is the presence of a fully radicalized operational leader, as al-Awlaki was for Nidal Hasan, the Ft. Hood shooter.
- A CAIR lawsuit forced NYPD to pull the report from public view and stop relying on it internally.
- A major finding of the report is that jihadists are motivated by their religion, the jihadi/Salafist ideology, NOT global warming, needing a job, or other social factor. The ideology drives the entire process, from recruitment to attack. So a first step in jihadi preparation is instruction in Islam – that jihad is a religious duty, that Muslims should impose sharia law everywhere, etc.
- People from all walks of life can and do become radicalized.
- The jihadi networks has various means at its disposal to carry out the radicalization process – organizations, mosques sermons, training at foreign and domestic camps, etc. But the major facilitator is the Internet. Jihadist sales pitches are easy to find online. From that point, it’s not long before recruits can be communicating with recruiters and other people like themselves.
- The challenge for law enforcement is that the first 3 pre-action stages are legal. Partnerships with Muslims groups are key. Also, relatives provide tips. Muslim mothers generally do not want their sons to become martyrs.
Four Stages of Radicalization
- The FBI and NYPD models are almost identical:
- Identity Formation
- Jihad / Action
- Phase 1: Pre-Radicalization (Awareness):
- 2nd and 3rd generation Muslims feel caught between two cultures – between the traditional teachings they’ve learned and Western ‘anything goes’ social mores. Some go hog wild, then ‘revert’, seeking redemption and looking for ways to atone for their sins.
- Converts have the zeal of the converted. Some 40% of ISIS recruits in America are converts.
- Recruiters look for the alienated and disaffected youth, feeding them the message of Muslim victimhood, the world’s many injustices against Islam.
- Multiculturalism doesn’t help. The looser the grip on foundational cultural values, the easier it is for recruiters to convince the disaffected to ‘come home’ ideologically.
- Many other factors can come into play: living in a Muslim enclave, coaxing by a romantic partner, the desire to ‘try something new’, etc.
- As this stage draws to a close, recruits are ready to start a search for new self-identity and starting to feel outrage at the West.
- Phase 2: Identity Formation
- They are ready to learn the faith and how they are victims of the West, to form a new Muslim self-identity. To give up old associates and behaviors and find new associates and behaviors. To reinvent themselves as sharia-compliant. At some point, Salafist ideology kicks in.
- Visible Indicators – The adoption of new behaviors is the point at which the radicalization process becomes publicly visible and people around the recruit begin to take notice. This might have to do with dress, mosque attendance, etc.
- Gateways begin to connect the recruit to jihad –
- Sufism and Jamaat groups appear nonviolent but are incubators for jihad. Jamaat is tied to jihad attacks in San Bernardino, London, and New York.
- Muslim Brotherhood and other ‘nonviolent’ or dawa groups
- Mosques – see Week 11 of this webinar
- Prison Outreach – Wahhabist in nature, funded by Saudi Arabia, targeting American blacks. ISIS also recruits in prison, linking black nationalism with Islamist supremacy. Prison converts include the Oklahoma beheader.
- DOD and US prisons certify Muslim chaplains. The original accreditation official turned out to be a terrorist. The function passed to ISNA, a Muslim Brotherhood front group and unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terrorism financing trial. Accreditation is currently in the hands of a ‘graduate school’ that has ties to Muslim Brotherhood front groups, ISIS and jihad. Bottom line – Today, Muslim chaplains in U.S. prisons and the armed forces are certified by the Muslim Brotherhood, a terrorist organization.
- The Internet and Social Media – gives recruits access to a big tribe which is threatened by the ‘evil’ West and provides further theological justifications for jihad. But the Internet also gives law enforcement the same opportunity to search for and identify wannabe jihadists, just as it lets law enforcement look for pedophiles now.
- Phase 3 – to be continued
RADICALIZATION TO JIHAD – Part 2Jihad Attacks are Foreseeable, But the Predictive Indicators Must be Learned and HeededFour Stages of Radicalization (cont’d)
- Phase 3: Interaction with Others
- Recruit has first one-on-one interactions, becomes part of global jihadi network. This is an important indicator of radicalization
- There are a large number of social media choices for such interaction, for finding communities of the like-minded. ISIS has a large operation devoted to this activity, featuring sophisticated propaganda (e.g., ‘die for a cause’).
- Facebook and YouTube facilitate terrorism by allowing this activity and jihadi material on their platforms. They are ‘virtual training camps’.
- No critical thinking goes on in these communities; it’s all blind obedience.
- Law enforcement must be trained to infiltrate these networks, like they do with pedophiles.
- Millennials are being targeted with ‘jihadi cool’. Millennials are vulnerable because they grew up with violent video games and this online activity feels much the same to them.
- New trends:
- Targeting thrill-seekers and ‘secular rebels’ – less emphasis on Islamic doctrine
- Cultivating jihadi couples (e.g., San Bernardino attackers)
- Women are targeted by ISIS; 550 women from Western countries have been recruited. They often fit the profile of being 2nd/3rd generation Muslim, college-educated, and not supported in this choice by their families. There are many motivations for women becoming ISIS recruits – adventure, romance, etc. ISIS works them with slick propaganda, e.g., Cosmo-style magazines and comparisons to Bible-reading gun-owning women in the West (‘what’s the difference?’, ISIS asks).
- Some women have returned from Syria to raise the next generation of jihadis in the West (“cubs for the caliphate”). Studies show that mothers can be highly effective in radicalizing their children. The New Mexico compound recently in the news provides an example of “child warriors” being trained to kill.
- We can’t effectively fight terrorism until we name the enemy and expose the link between Islamic doctrine and jihad.
- The Role of Intermediaries:
- The interaction often remains electronic
- Standard messaging is delivered: the West hates Islam; Muslims have the right to defend themselves; etc.
- There are female recruiters
- Anwar al-Awlaki, though dead, remains the most successful recruiter, from beyond the grave. He recruited 90 jihadists, 55 of them in the U.S. His materials have figured in many attacks. He still has 18,000 videos on YouTube.
- Radical mosques reinforce jihadi messages in sermons
- Moral Disengagement:
- The process of disassociating from Western ideas of right and wrong and substituting sharia which justifies killing for Allah. When sharia concepts are internalized, radicalization is nearly complete.
- From there, it’s a short step to the oath of allegiance expressing willingness to die as a martyr. The recruit begins to be pressured to act. A face-to-face contact at this juncture can seal the deal
- More indicators of radicalization:
- Sudden religiosity
- Research into Islamist writings
- Criticizing Western policies toward Muslim countries
- Changes in eating and drinking habits
- Self-segregating / new friends
- Criticizing family members for not being fundamentalist
- Adopting non-Western dress
- A name change
- Speaking more in Arabic
- Proselytizing others
- Open animosity
- Statements supporting ISIS
- These are visible to someone in most cases; there are few cases of jihadists being socially isolated
Phase 4: Action
- The radicalization process can take anywhere from a few months to several years to complete.
- Martyrdom is considered religious worship in Islamic doctrine.
- Terrorism coaching is often received remotely from foreign locations
- The Garland attack was preceded by an indicator tweet – ‘May Allah accept us as mujahedeen’
- Amazon sells jihadi-enabling items
- Observers talk of the ‘cyber caliphate’ that can target any neighborhood
When Should Law Enforcement Act?
- Each behavior listed above is legal, and most in and of themselves may merely indicate increasing spiritual devotion, not radicalization. The question is when is there enough to justify detention for questioning and further investigation, or even arrest. Under the Terry v. Ohio Supreme Court case, the police may stop someone for questioning when, considering the totality of circumstances, there is a “reasonable suspicion” the person is about to commit a crime. [Editor’s Note – A full arrest must meet the higher standard of “probable cause”.] In one case, possession of a Quran was used to justify denying bail to a suspect. This was immediately labeled Islamophobic, but what critics neglected to mention was the additional possession of a sawed-off rifle and books on terrorism.
- When a suspect takes the jihadist oath of allegiance, expressly states an intent to commit an attack, meets a recruiter, or attempts to travel to a war zone, this is enough to give law enforcement reasonable suspicion to investigate. One expert (Forster) believes that criminal intent can be proved before the oath of allegiance, citing the examples of the Ft. Hood shooter who emailed al-Awlaki 18 times and Colleen LaRose’s ’34 overt acts’ supporting her indictment. Radical online posts were used to justify criminal charges in the Saadeh case.
- There are many cases of law enforcement ignoring warnings and indicators of becoming radicalized. Failure to heed warnings or understand the indicators can result in an attack taking place. Remember the Ft. Hood shooter – nobody acted even though Hasan’s radicalization was very evident. No one will forgive law enforcement after an attack. Being clueless is NOT an excuse. This is why law enforcement needs the proper training now.
- Proper training of law enforcement is critical to pick up on clues. In some cases, the suspect had paid off all his credit card debts. This would go right past untrained law officers, but paying debts is one of the last acts a jihadi takes before an attack. This is because debt is a sin that cannot be forgiven through martyrdom.
- Once brought in for questioning, the suspect should be asked about the complete list of indicators. The Chief of Police or Sheriff should be notified. The FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force should also be notified, because they might already be investigating the person. The local prosecutor should also be notified. There should be surveillance and investigation to see if probable cause for an arrest can be obtained.
- Prevention – the indicators are visible and people can see an attack is coming. Law enforcement must form partnerships with law-abiding Muslims and vetted mosques. Law enforcement must also go public and urge politicians to bring pressure to bear on social media to stop facilitating jihadists. Law enforcement should also realize that CAIR and other Muslim Brotherhood front groups are not their friends in preventing attacks.
- The public needs to play a role: ‘See Something, Say Something’. Also, if you have significant information, get out of the normal channels (e.g., don’t call 911). Local officers are often clueless, so take it to the Chief of Police or Sheriff or, if necessary, an FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force commander (call your FBI field office).
Week 14 (12/11/18)
LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT RESPONSE MEASURES
Policing in a Free Society Doesn’t Mean Letting Your Guard Down Against Sharia Crime
New Realities for Law Enforcement
- Tips about violence being preached at mosques
- Teens becoming radicalized
- Forced marriages and runaways
- Tension between civil rights and law enforcement needs
- Aggressive actions by CAIR, ACLU, SPLC, etc.
- Protecting military recruitment centers
- Protecting military families targeted by ISIS
- Protecting apostates who receive death threats for apostasy
- Protecting Muslims threatened by honor violence
- Adapting standard law enforcement techniques (e.g., risk assessment of biker clubs) to new realities (mosques)
Burqa Security Issues
- Burqas in public conceal identity, gender, and possible threats
- Used in shoplifting and bank robberies
- A Nebraska bank had a burqa ban but caved in to CAIR
- Yes we live in a free society but we should, generally speaking, be able to identify people in public
Fake Hate Crimes
- Muslims have set fire to mosques in GA, CA, TX, & IA
- A Muslim sent fake anthrax to an imam
- Muslims have sent anti-Muslim hate messages
- Muslims have claimed assaults by Trump supporters
- A Muslima falsely claimed she was attacked on the NY subway
- Muslims claim a surge in hate crimes against Muslims, but hate crimes against Jews are 4 times as common and anti-Semitic incidents are on the rise
- State laws vary, but are needed against:
- Female genital mutilation
- Treason and sedition
- Terrorism and aspects thereof:
- Material support
- Threats of terrorism
- Obstruction of justice
- “Material Support” of terrorism
- 2010 Supreme Court case: U.S. v. Humanitarian Law Project
- The Secretary of State designates organizations as terrorist groups
- ‘Support’ covers a broad range of activities: money, property, lodging, transportation, advice (including legal advice outside the courtroom), fake IDs, weapons, explosives, etc.
- Jails and prisons
- Inmate rights under RFRA and RLIUPA laws, including:
- Dietary demands (e.g., remove pork)
- Access to Qurans
- Accommodation of religious practices
- Inmate rights under RFRA and RLIUPA laws, including:
Steps for Law Enforcement
- Community Outreach
- Developing local knowledge is key
- Outreach has produced arrests through advance warning of radicalization and other intelligence sharing
- Partner with vetted individuals and groups, law-abiding peaceful Muslims, not CAIR or other Muslim Brotherhood front groups
- Don’t compromise law enforcement priorities or professionalism (e.g., don’t have your female officers don hijabs)
- Don’t sponsor training that labels all Muslims as terrorists, engage in unjustified blanket surveillance, or misuse informants as these will alienate your outreach partners and Muslim sources
- A good technique is to offer online training about child sexual predators along with social media Islamist radical recruitment techniques, combined in one ‘child safety’ package
- Don’t expect instant results; keep at it
- Mosque Risk Assessment
- Check their website for bylaw provisions, etc. indicating advocacy of violence and ties to Muslim Brotherhood front groups (e.g., ISNA and NAIT for land ownership)
- Challenge the imam on references to violence on the website or violent literature found in the mosque
- Vet the imam further with questions such as:
- Do you believe all religious faiths are equally valid?
- Do you believe men and women are equal in intelligence and ability?
- Do you believe the commandments in the Quran are to be taken literally?
- Do you support death for apostates, child marriage, the killing of homosexuals, etc.?
- Go public with the information at city council meetings where media will be present. Use the glare of publicity to stop sharia crime.
- Traffic cops at Friday services are in a good position to make a preliminary assessment of the level of sharia compliance such as dress, segregation of females, and other indicators of sharia compliance discussed in a previous webinar. (Remember, sharia compliance is correlated with propensity to violence, according to research presented in a previous webinar).
- The training lists several sources to dig deeper
- There may be no visible indicators and you may not develop any useful information through the above means, in which case maybe you should stop. Taking further action would require the requisite legal basis (“reasonable suspicion” or “probable cause”).
- But if circumstances warrant:
- Use covert means and undercover methods
- Work through the fire marshal, public health officials, utility workers, and delivery personnel to gain intelligence about what is happening inside a mosque
- Use informants, but expect those arrested to claim entrapment
- Use covert means and undercover methods
- Watch local convenience stores for welfare fraud, money laundering, etc.
- Muslim-owned stores have financed terrorism, engaged in the trafficking of untaxed cigarettes, etc. Such stores can be part of the Muslim Brotherhood network.
- Food stamp and welfare fraud are called the ‘jihad-seeker’s allowance’
- There have been big cases involving dozens of people and millions of dollars
- Welfare fraud cases often involve polygamy, child-brides, and pedophilia
- ‘Wali’ or some variant on the storefront can indicate suspicious activity (international non-bank money transfer system)
- Muslim-owned stores have financed terrorism, engaged in the trafficking of untaxed cigarettes, etc. Such stores can be part of the Muslim Brotherhood network.
- Crime scene processing for signs of jihad – watch for:
- Overkill and dismemberment
- The Symbol Intelligence Group is a good resource for insignia, etc.
- Expect pushback from CAIR and other groups labeling you as racist and Islamophobic and trying to get you to stop your law enforcement activities. Expect the press to pile on. Anticipate all this and get out ahead of it by:
- Lining up your local political support before taking action. You will have to educate your politicians
- Undertake a legal review with the City Attorney and local prosecutor
- Have your press release ready (your actions will become public knowledge)
- Know your state laws on monitoring social media
- Keep up with your professional reading (e.g., Geller Report)
- Train continuously
- Prepare for a radicalization scenario
- Encourage ‘see something, say something’ and take all information seriously
Steps for the Public
- If your local sheriff or police chief won’t train or denies there is a problem, meet with your city or county council members. If necessary, take it to a city or county council meeting with media present.
- If activists are told to stop their monitoring or other activities, they don’t have to, as long as the methods are legal, e.g., if you are on public property, voluntarily let in to a mosque, etc. The laws on surreptitious recording of conversations varies by state, so check yours before proceeding.
- Call Child Protective Services if you have solid information about the endangerment of a child.
Week 15 (12/18/18)
SUMMARY, REVIEW AND NEXT STEPS
If Wife-Beating, Polygamy, and Murder Upset You – Join the Fight Against Sharia Crime!
The Deceivers Among Us
- We are blinded to the Islamist threat by political correctness and multiculturalism. Further obstacles to understanding the true nature of Islam and Islamic threat doctrine include:
- The Western belief that all religions are peaceful and deserve full protection of the First Amendment
- The 2011 Purge of standard Islamic threat training and trainers by the Obama administration
- Deception: ‘there is no nexus between terrorism and Islam; jihad is a perversion of Islam’. This is deception of the highest order because, in fact, jihad is core doctrine of Islam.
- Tools of deception used by fundamentalists when dealing with non-Muslims:
- Taqiyya – ‘sacred lying’. The religious duty to lie to infidels to further Islamic goals. Because imposition of sharia world-wide is such a goal, it is obligatory to deny such a goal exists
- Kitman – the telling of partial truths through the omission of material facts. E.g., ‘Islam is a religion of peace’, without telling you this means AFTER sharia is imposed on all humanity. E.g., ‘the Muslim Brotherhood is against terrorism’, without telling you that ‘terrorism’ is defined as non-Muslims killing Muslims.
- Muruna – permitting evil in order to serve Islamic interests and beliefs. E.g., placing uncovered women in visible leadership positions to mislead non-Muslims about the abhorrent position of women in Muslim society.
- Deception at work – Sheriff David Clarke being coopted and compromised by a Muslim femme fatale.
- The webinar names many high-profile Muslim men and women pushing false narratives about the benign nature of Islam and training law enforcement on them.
- They cite peaceful passages from the Quran, e.g., ‘there is no compulsion in religion’, 5:32, 109:6, 2:256, etc. – without telling you these were abrogated by later war-like passages
- They falsely claim Muslim women could vote before American women could, wife-beating is not authorized by sharia law, Muslims view Christians and Jews as brothers, etc. – more taquiyya, all easily refuted.
- Deception in politics:
- 57 Muslims were elected to local, state, and national office in 2018
- A new member of Congress opposes FGM legislation and voted against a Minnesota bill forbidding insurance payouts to families of terrorists.
- Another wraps herself in the Palestinian flag and spoke at a pro-jihad rally in 2014.
- 16 likely Democratic candidates for 2020 support the terror-linked Muslim Brotherhood front group CAIR
- 100 elected representatives in Congress sent a letter supporting CAIR
- JetPAC is among the new Muslim Brotherhood-controlled entities supporting Muslim political candidates. This is straight out of a 1987 Muslim Brotherhood playbook discovered by the FBI
- Deception: ‘White nationalists are a bigger threat than Muslim terrorists’.
- Obama-administration era training (CVE) obfuscates the Islamist threat by lumping all threats together
- Part of the deception is dismissing jihadist attacks as ‘ISIS-inspired terrorism’, or the work of people who are ‘mentally ill’ or ‘lone wolves’
- Part of the deception is the redefinition of ‘white nationalism’ to sweep in ordinary Americans who love their country and want to keep it a sovereign nation-state (e.g., those who are “reverent of individual liberties”).
- Equating right-wing extremists with jihadists is a false equivalency because, unlike jihadists, right-wing extremists are NOT:
- Part of a global network
- Performing acts of worship through violence
- Committing criminal acts based on religious beliefs
- Demanding female suppression
- Trying to subvert the U.S. Constitution, or
- Attempting to impose a theocracy (caliphate) on the entire world.
- Unlike right-wing extremists, jihadists are the present-day continuation of an unrelenting 1,400-year history of conquest and murder
- More deceptions:
- The warrior Muhammad was a ‘paragon of compassion’ (NYT)
- Editorials about how Muslims are perpetual outsiders and eternal victims of racism
- ‘Islam does not kill blasphemers’ (NYT) (refuted by Quran 5:33)
- ‘the Barbary Pirates were extremists who hijacked and perverted peaceful Islam’ (Fox News)
- Bright Spots: a number of Muslim women are speaking out against Islam’s misogyny, but all reformist voices must be carefully vetted because not all are on the up-and-up
- Canada opens its doors to ex-ISIS fighters. This has implications for the northern border and U.S. national security
- Further evidence has come in of the collaboration between jihadists and the Mexican drug cartels
- More Muslims have been apprehended at the southern border trying to enter the U.S. illegally. The numbers are up – ’10 known terrorists are captured each day’
- Al Qaeda called for arsonists to set more forest fires in the U.S. Huge fires raged in California this year.
- The government reported that 3 out of 4 individuals convicted of international terrorism and related offenses are foreign-born.
- To blunt this report, Progressives issued their own ‘report’ claiming the far-right is the biggest extremist threat in the U.S. and ran their ‘report’ through their media echo chamber. But Progressives and the GAO cook the books on the statistics. They don’t count all jihadi attacks as terrorism, they omit 9/11, etc.
- Progressives continued this false narrative with a P.R. campaign based on old and misleading information and the deception that ‘all jihadi attacks are by non-practicing Muslims’
- A report found that CAIR continues to thwart law enforcement in the U.S.
- There were several new jihad attacks in the U.S. in recent weeks. E.g., a Somali Muslim immigrant attacked a synagogue in L.A., but law enforcement professed not to be able to figure out a motive.
Recap of Key Concepts
- Takfirism – to designate a person as un-Muslim. The threat of this keeps Muslims in line and silent about sharia crimes.
- Self-Segregation – Muslims refuse to assimilate in non-Muslim countries. They live in enclaves and hold themselves apart. This reflects the doctrine of Islam dividing the world into the dar-al-Islam and the dar-al-harb – the latter to be conquered by the former. They live in a parallel society and seek to inject elements of sharia law into U.S. courts through aggressive lawfare.
- Honor Shame – parents are held blameless for killing their off-spring who bring shame to the family.
- Dawah – pre-jihad, preparing the ground for jihad. E.g., by subverting the U.S. Constitution
- Dhimmitude – Arises when Muslims are in a position to tell others to ‘convert, die, or submit’. Those who submit become second-class citizens forced to pay a special tax (jizya) – protection money, essentially
- Tayseer – the concept that Muslims in non-Muslim countries can ‘lighten one’s burden’ – i.e., relax sharia requirements (e.g., when you can’t pray because of infidel work rules). Granting special privileges or accommodations to Muslims (e.g., prayer time at work) makes one complicit in our own conquest.
- Hijra – Muslim conquest through colonization. Add in new off-spring and conversions, and the result is increasing Islamization of the host nation.
- Jihad – establish Allah’s rule over the entire world. Bedouin tribes united into a super-tribe (umma) to fight outsiders. They were enticed by the promised rewards – keeping the spoils of war, eternal carnal pleasure with celestial virgins after martyrdom, etc. The umma today transcends race and nationality. Its warriors (jihadists) fight, purportedly not to conquer, but to bring the light of Islamic truth to all, thus liberating all infidels (‘futuh’). Thus, jihad is religious devotion and for the good of all humankind. This is how killing non-Muslims is theologically justified – buttressed by 109 Quranic verses, numerous hadiths, and the way Islam has unswervingly been practiced since its inception.
- The persecution of Christians by Muslims in Africa and the Middle East continues unabated. We don’t hear much about it because of political correctness, the buying-off of academics, anti-Christian bias in the media, Obama administration actions, and the failure of Christian pastors in the U.S. to speak up.
- Deception: ‘Islam is just like other religions and should be fully protected by the First Amendment.’ But Islam is NOT like other religions. It is set apart by sharia’s crimes – honor killings, FGM, sex trafficking, killing apostates, etc.
- The battle against sharia crime must be fought at the local level.
- Find government and law enforcement agencies that would be receptive to Islamic threat training. Ask your local authorities:
- What steps are you prepared to take if someone in our area becomes radicalized?
- Can you give me a list of the indicators of jihadist radicalization?
- What sharia crimes are against U.S. and state law?
- What’s the difference between domestic violence and honor violence?
- How do you handle children who run away because they are being forced into marriages with much older men?
- What are you doing to get out ahead of the Islamist threat? How are you being proactive?
- Hold pastors and rabbis accountable for perpetrating frauds (no, the God of Christianity and the God of Islam are NOT the same)
- Publicly support people who speak out against sharia crime.
- Challenge Muslims and their apologists who misrepresent Islam
- Demand that the Muslim Brotherhood be designated a terrorist organization
- We are back to where this webinar series began, Sun Tzu: Know your enemy or you will certainly be defeated.
- The United West’s motto is ‘one team, one fight’. You have finished the training and are now on the team. Demand zero tolerance for sharia crime – polygamy, wife-beating, honor killing, FGM and all the rest.