The prohibition comes from the Moslem prophet, Muhammad, and the Koran requires all Moslems to follow Muhammad’s example.
What did Muhammad say about music? (Thanks to Robert Spencer who has written 15 books on Islam.)
- “The Prophet said that Allah commanded him to destroy all the musical instruments, idols, crosses and all the trappings of ignorance.”
- “Allah Mighty and Majestic sent me as a guidance and mercy to believers and commanded me to do away with musical instruments, flutes, strings, crucifixes, and the affair of the pre-Islamic period of ignorance.”
- “On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will pour molten lead into the ears of whoever sits listening to a songstress.”
- “Song makes hypocrisy grow in the heart as water does herbage.”
- “This community will experience the swallowing up of some people by the earth, metamorphosis of some into animals, and being rained upon with stones.” Someone asked, “When will this be, O Messenger of Allah?” and he said, “When songstresses and musical instruments appear and wine is held to be lawful.”
- “There will be peoples of my Community who will hold fornication, silk, wine, and musical instruments to be lawful ….” — Reliance of the Traveller0
Just the other day, the Taliban, strict followers of Sharia law, lashed two women for attending a music party in Afghanistan.
PLEASE share these truths about Islam with your contacts.
For more information, you can contact Dr. Goldberg here: firstname.lastname@example.org.