Source: Jihad Watch, By Dave Gaubatz, November 3, 2019
INVESTIGATING AND EVALUATING THREAT LEVELS
Dave Gaubatz is a former U.S. Federal Agent with Top Secret/SCI clearance, expert in counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism on national security issues, highly trained in Islamic ideology and tactics, Arab linguist, author of Muslim Mafia, has investigated over 300 mosques/Islamic Centers in the USA and 150 outside USA, and after leaving his position in the government continued this work as a Civilian Agent. Using firsthand investigation, he then evaluates Risk/Threat Levels based on multiple factors including Materials on Premises and What They Advocate, Ties to Muslim Terrorists, and Sharia Adherence. Mr. Gaubatz estimates that 80% of mosques in America recruit and train in jihad (violent & civilization). Finally, he makes Recommendations to protect America, our citizens, our children. He asks about each mosque: Would ISIS be proud?
NOTE: Several Reports/Affidavits will be published. When you read one from earlier dates, note that Dave Gaubatz issued Risk/Danger warnings ahead, but in some cases, violence occurred later from a member of one of those reported mosques (ex: Trolley Square, Salt Lake City, Utah shooting; child abuse Nashville, TN). When you read a report that came after an attack (Ex: Report 2017, Boston Marathon Bombing by the Tsarnaev brothers in 2013), note that violence had already occurred, Mr. Gaubatz reported continued Risk/Danger years later from the same mosques terrorists had attended. Reading professionally investigated and evaluated Reports/Affidavits from various years is important so the American public is aware of new or continuing Risk/Danger and can demand protection from all levels of government officials and law enforcement that they are sworn to provide.
SIGNIFICANT INCIDENT REPORT #2 (SIR)
LOCATION: FALLS CHURCH, VA.
Date of Significant Incident: 18 May 2007
Note: Director Gaubatz visited Dar Al Hijrah several times for prayer sessions in May 2007.
- A copy of the book, ” A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam” was being distributed at the mosque for Dawah purposes. This booklet has Sunni members as the authors and/or editors. Ali Al Timimi is listed as an editor of this book. Public records have confirmed Timimi is Sunni and likely holds “Wahhabi” ideologies. In 2005 he was convicted in U.S. Federal court for advocating terrorist acts against America. Yusef Estes informed Gaubatz Timimi and several of the editors of this book are his friends.
- HalalCo bookstore located in Falls Church, VA, was recommended by several members of Dar Al Hijrah to obtain correct material on ‘Pure Islam’. One such book obtained had the following:
“The objective of Islamic Jihad is to put an end to the dominance of the un-Islamic systems of government and replace them with Islamic rule, Islam intends to bring about this revolution not in one country or in a few countries but in the entire world. Although initially it is the duty of every member of the Muslim party to work for revolution wherever he lives the final purpose is nothing but a world revolution. Any revolutionary ideology which upholds the good of all mankind, and is not of a mere national unit, cannot limit its horizons to those of any single country or nation”.
- Book: From HalalCo/Falls Church, VA “Come let us change this World” pages 106 – 107. Author: Sayyid Abul Mawdudi. Founder of Jamaat-e-Islami (The Islamic Party), a political party in Pakistan.
- Compact disk placed in Dave Gaubatz’s pocket by Estes (information from disk is below)
- Dar Al Hijrah has two Imams: Imams Shaker Elsayed and Johari Abdulmalik (hijrah.com)
- Imam Johari stated on his website that he had studied under Imam Siraj Wahhaj. Below is one violent statement (of many) that Siraj Wahhaj has made.
- “We need a spiritual revolution in America. We don’t need to arm them first with 9mm’s &Uzis, We need to arm them with righteousness first, then we can arm them. My mandate is we must give them Islam. I hate the Government”
Synopsis: On 18 May 2007, Dir. Dave Gaubatz visited Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Virginia, one of the larger mosques in the greater D.C. area, with another Mapping Shari’a field researcher. The visit was a pilot test to familiarize team members on best methods for conducting field research at mosques throughout the U.S. The purpose of the nationwide investigation: to evaluate the level of Shari’a compliance and determine the correlation between Shari’a compliance and the Jihad Threat Level.
Dir. Gaubatz had specific intelligence information from a Muslim friend who had visited Dar al-Hijrah suggesting that Muslims associated with Dar al-Hijrah were recruiting other Muslims and even non-Muslims in an attempt to establish a greater “Wahhabi” culture in America. The Wahhabi sect, with strong ties to the Salafists of Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf States, is a main exporter or the violent Jihadist political ideology of a worldwide Islamic hegemony.
On 18 May 2007, Dir. Gaubatz attended the “Friday Prayer” at Dar al-Hijrah. Upon leaving the prayer, Dir. Gaubatz was stopped and introduced to Estes. Estes was visiting Dar al-Hijrah. The conversation lasted almost 20 minutes. Estes, a former Christian from Texas, spoke to Dir. Gaubatz, who indicated he had also lived in Texas; the two developed an almost immediate rapport.
- Imam Yusuf Estes, a popular Islamic leader in America. Born in 1944 to a Christian Protestant family, Estes converted to Islam in 1991. He is active in converting non-Muslims to Islam (dawa) and runs and contributes to many web sites
During the conversation, Estes had his assistants go inside the mosque and obtain Islamic materials for Dir. Gaubatz. Estes subsequently placed a compact disc inside Dir. Gaubatz’s jacket pocket. Estes asked Gaubatz if he was ready to convert (or “revert” insofar as Estes preaches everyone was originally a Muslim) and to do so by repeating after him the expression of faith required by Islamic law to become a Muslim. Dir. Gaubatz completed the pseudo conversion to Islam. Dir. Gaubatz subsequently left Dar al-Hijrah and reviewed the compact disk Estes had placed inside his pocket. On the disk was a cover letter stating: “We encourage you to review this CD carefully. Every Muslim must have a copy of this valuable CD”. Further review of this disk revealed a 17-page manual in English, entitled The Book of Jihad, Chapter 234, “Obligation of Jihad”. The manual includes passages from the Qur’an, the Sunna (consisting of Ahadith [pl. of Hadith], which are the authoritative teachings and actions of Mohammed, and which are used along with verses from the Qur’an as the basis of Shari’a or Islamic law), and commentary.
Analysis: Yusuf Estes is a Jihadist. He is actively engaged in dawa to convert as many Muslims and non-Muslims to the way of Jihad and the political ideology of Islamic hegemony, all of which is intended to lead to the destruction of the U.S. as a constitutional republic. Jihad incorporates necessarily the use of violence when circumstances permit. While Estes lectures in public like an enthusiastic, yet peaceful preacher, he quite effectively pursues his goal of global Jihad through the “quiet” teachings of the literature he promotes.
Below is only the concluding selections of Ahadith and Commentary from The Book of Jihad promoted by Estes as essential and obligatory Islam. But it is sufficient to tell the observer what Estes finds compelling in Islam:
- ‘Uqbah bin ‘Amir Al-Juhani (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying from the pulpit, “Prepare to meet them (the enemy) with as much strength as you can afford. Verily! Strength is in archery, strength is in archery, strength is in archery.” [Muslim].
Commentary: In accordance with the conditions of his times, the Prophet (PBUH) ordained the Muslims to acquire every possible power and keep it ready for war. Elucidating his order on this point, he stated that by power he meant archery and then he repeated this word three times to stress its importance. He did it because the art of archery had fundamental importance in war at that time. in the present-day world, archery has lost its value as it has been replaced by other inventions like tanks, guns, missiles, atom bombs, etc. Similar is the case of devices which are used in air and naval war, and all these military wares have superb importance in modern warfare. In the present-day context, the injunction of the Noble Qur’an to acquire power means manufacturing and possession of all these devices. It is incumbent on the Muslims that they equip themselves with all this material and show no carelessness in this regard. In modern times, Muslims have badly neglected this field with the result that non-Muslims have more knowledge of modern warfare and by dint of that they are dominating the world and making a claim of their supremacy all over the world. Unless Muslims pursue the Qur’anic injunctions on this score and acquire greater or equal or at least similar measure and style of power, as is possessed by the non-Muslims, they will not be able to check the onslaught of their enemies, and to defeat them. It is incumbent upon the Muslims to overpower the might and power of the infidels for the glorification of Islam.
- 1333. ‘Uqbah bin ‘Amir Juhani (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, “Lands shall be laid open to you, and Allah will suffice you (against your enemies), but none of you should neglect practicing his skill in archery.” [Muslim].
Commentary: Muslims have been informed through this Hadith that gates of conquest of many regions will be opened on them in future. Almighty Allah will favor them with special help; and because of this help enemies will not be able to cause any harm to them. But it is essential that they should not slack in acquiring the material resources required for war, nor neglect military preparations and exercises. Modern military weapons and new style of warfare have now taken the place of archery, and Muslims should master all of them.
- 1334. ‘Uqbah bin ‘Amir Al-Juhani (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “He who learnt archery and then neglected it, is not from us.” (Or said,) “He has been guilty of disobedience (to Messenger of Allah).” [Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadith also stresses the importance of the art of archery to the extent that if a Muslim forgets it after learning without a valid reason, he is excluded from the followers of the Prophet (PBUH). Now this exhortation applies with equal force to modern military weapons, and if the present-day Muslims lose their command in handling these weapons, they will be exposed to the consequences of which they have been warned in this Hadith, because their training in this field is essential for upholding the Word of Allah and defending the Muslims. If the Muslims lose proficiency in it after acquiring it, they will be guilty of neglecting a very important Islamic obligation.
- 1335. ‘Uqbah bin ‘Amir Al-Juhani (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, “Allah will admit three persons to Jannah for one arrow; the maker who has a good motive in making it, the one who shoots it, and the one who hands it up for shooting. So shoot and ride, but I like your shooting (more) than your riding. He who gives up archery after becoming adept in it for lack of interest, neglects a (great) blessing.” (Or said,) “One who does so is ungrateful.” [Abu Dawud].
Commentary: This Hadith also highlights the importance and merit of preparation for war against the enemy. Arrow has been used here as a symbol. In modern times, a Muslim who manufactures war weapons with the intention that he will use them for Jihad, will get a reward for it along with all those who in some way co-operate with him in manufacturing them. Instead of archery and horse-riding, Muslims should now get the training of handling modern military weapons and they should beware of forgetting it because if they forget after learning it, the warning contained in this Hadith will also apply to them.
- 1336. Salamah bin Al-Akwa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) happened to pass by a group of people who were having a shooting match. (Upon seeing them, he (PBUH)) said, “Shoot, 0 sons of (Prophet) Isma’il, for your father was an archer.” [Al-Bukhari].
Commentary: Arabs are also called Banu Isma’il because they are the descendants of Prophet Ibrahim’s son, Isma’il. This is the reason that Prophet Ibrahim is reckoned an ancestor of the Prophet (PBUH) for his being his descendant.
- 1337. ‘Amr bin ‘Abasah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying: “He who shoots an arrow for the sake of Allah, will have a reward equal to the emancipation of a slave.” [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].
- 1338. Abu Yahya Khuraim bin Fatik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “He who makes a contribution in Allah’s way, will have his reward seven hundred times recorded to his credit.” [At-Tirmidhi].
- 1339. Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “Every slave of Allah who observes Saum (fasting) for a day in the Cause of Allah, Allah will keep his face from Hell-fire at a distance of seventy years.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadith has already been mentioned. The above mentioned Ahadith give the glad tidings to those who spend in the way of Allah and strive in His Cause. This means that every endeavor in the Jihad has truthful reward.
- 1340. Abu Umamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “He who observes Saum (fasting) for a day in the Cause of Allah, Allah will keep his face from Hell-fire at a distance equivalent to that between heaven and the earth.” [At-Tirmidhi].
- 1341. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “He who dies without having fought in the Cause of Allah or without having thought of doing so, will die with one characteristic of hypocrisy in him.” [Muslim].
Commentary: It is a different matter that one may not get a chance to take part in Jihad, but it would be a hypocritical attitude if one does not ever think that if an opportunity ever comes in his way, he will certainly go for Jihad in the way of Allah against the infidels. The reason to that is that, to stay back at home at the
time of Jihad was a habit of the hypocrites. In the light of this, Imam Al-Qurtubi has stated the principle that if one is not capable of doing some virtuous deeds, he should then make a resolve that whenever he will be capable of it, he will do that deed, so that his intention takes the place of his act. He who neither
performs a good deed nor aspires for it, has a hypocritical disposition. This is especially true of a Muslim who does not even aspire to take part in Jihad. Such a Muslim develops a resemblance with hypocrites.
- 1342. Jabir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: We accompanied the Prophet (PBUH) in an expedition when he (PBUH) said, “Some people have remained behind us in Al-Madinah, and we never cross a valley but they are with us. They share the reward with us because they have been held back by valid excuse.”
In another narration the wordings are: “…by any genuine excuse.”
In another narration the wordings are: “They are your partners in reward.” [AI-Bukhari].
Commentary: This Hadith has already been mentioned, and we learn from it that a person who does not have the energy to take part in Jihad, his sincere intention to spend his wealth in the way of Allah and to lay down his life for His sake is enough for him, because by virtue of his intention, he will share the reward of Jihad with the Mujahidun.
- 1343. Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A bedouin came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said: “0 Messenger of Allah! One man fights for booty, another fights to win fame, and the third fights for show off.” Another narration is: “One fights for displaying his valor, another fights out of his family pride.” Another narration is: “One fights out of rage.” He asked: “Which of them is fighting in the Cause of Allah?” The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “The one who fights so that Word of Allah (Islam) be exalted, is the one who fights in the Cause of Allah.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: We learn from this Hadith that one who fights for any worldly interest is not a Mujahid. Only he is a Mujahid who fights for the religion of Allah and to win His Pleasure alone.
- 1344. ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin Al-‘As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “A detachment of soldiers, large or small, who fights in the way of Allah, gets its share of booty and returns safe and sound, receives in advance two-thirds of its reward (only one-third remaining to its credit will be received in the Hereafter). And a troop of soldiers, large or small, that returns disappointed and is afflicted by misery, will receive its full reward (in the Hereafter).” [Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadith means that the Mujahidun who return safe and sound from the battlefield and get their share of booty are inferior in reward to those who are martyred or wounded in Jihad and do not get any share from the booty. We have a saying of the Companions of the Prophet (PBUH) that “Many of us passed away and were martyred in such a situation that they did not get in this world any share from their reward, but there are many others whose fruits have ripened and they are picking them.”
- Abu Umamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man sought permission from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) to travel in the land. He (PBUH) said to him, “Travel for my people is Jihad in the Cause of Allah, glory be to Him.” [Abu Dawud].
Commentary: This Hadith does not mean that touring the world is prohibited in Islam. What this Hadith really means is that when the situation calls for Jihad then the foremost priority of a Muslim should be Jihad. In such an event his passion for touring the world should yield to the spirit of Jihad against the infidels and then he must with his full force fight against the enemy. Tourism for the fun of it is disliked by Islam. However, if the purpose of touring the world is to witness the Signs of Allah, sad end of heretic communities, realities and secrets of the universe to gain knowledge of Allah’s, creations, then touring is both
praiseworthy and desirable, and this reason has been stressed in the Noble Qur’an at many places.
- ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin AI-‘As (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “The return from an expedition is an act as meritorious as fighting.” [Abu Dawud].
Commentary: When a Mujahid returns from the battlefield, he gets reward at that also, because there he attends the duties which are devolved on him by his family. Moreover, after his return, he again starts full preparation for going to Jihad again, collects arms for this purpose and recuperates his energy. Thus, so far his intention and readiness are concerned, he is in a state of Jihad even when he is at home and he will be entitled to reward which is due on Jihad.
- As-Sa’ib bin Yazid (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: When the Prophet (PBUH) returned from the battle of Tabuk, people went out from Al-Madinah to meet him and I also met him with other children at Thaniyah-tul-Wada. [Abu Dawud].
Commentary: There is justification for the reception of those who return from Jihad, but it should be without any formality and expense. The fashion now in vogue for reception on such occasions is that people are induced to make illumination, decoration, display fireworks, let off guns and other similar useless things, and national wealth is rashly spent on them. Such things are forbidden by Islam and also go against the interests of the nation and the country. Instead of wasting wealth on such useless things, it should be spent on things which are 3eneficial to the country and the nation.
- 1348. Abu Umamah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “He who neither takes part in fighting nor equips a warrior nor looks after his (the warrior’s) family, will be afflicted by severe calamities before the Day of Resurrection.” [Abu Dawud].
Commentary: This Hadith means that one who neither takes part in Jihad nor provides arms to a Mujahid nor looks after the families of the Mujahidun during their absence, is guilty of crimes for which he is punished in this world by Allah. It is, therefore, the duty of the Muslim Ummah that it should in no way neglect the obligation of Jihad and all its requirements; otherwise it will suffer punishment in this world and in the next.
- 1349. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “Fight the polytheists with your wealth, lives and tongues.” [Abu Dawud].
Commentary: This Hadith mentions three categories of Jihad, namely Jihad with wealth, Jihad with one’s life and Jihad by speech. One should make Jihad as is warranted by the situation one is confronted with. That is, where a Muslim is required to sacrifice his life, he must sacrifice his life; where he is required to sacrifice his wealth, he should spend wealth; and where he is required to make Jihad by means of his speech, he should do it by speech. One should not hesitate to spend for the sake of Allah what is required by the situation.
- 1350. An-Nu’man bin Muqarrin (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I was with the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) when I witnessed that if he did not begin fighting in the early part of the day, he would postpone fighting till the sun had declined, the blowing of the breeze had blown and the victory from Allah had come. [Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].
Commentary: We learn from this Hadith that war should either be started early in the morning or in the afternoon when the sun begins to decline. The reason behind this is that a Muslim is fresh in the early morning while the enemy is generally careless. In the latter case, if war is started when sun begins to decline, every kind of movement becomes easy and the help from Allah also descends at that time. This is the significance of starting war at these times.
- 1351. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “Do not wish for an encounter with the enemy. Pray to Allah to grant you safety; (but) when you encounter them, show patience.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: This Hadith has already been mentioned. See Hadith No. 1325 and its commentary.
- 1352. Abu Hurairah and Jabir (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, “War is deception.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Commentary: “Khad’ah” means deception, i.e., employing a strategy which causes misunderstanding to the enemy, and one’s real intent does not become evident to them. This is permissible in Islam in the state of war.
The Ahadith mentioned in this chapter make the importance of Jihad and the reason for so much stress on it abundantly clear. These also show how great a crime it is to ignore it. It is very unfortunate indeed that present-day Muslims are guilty of renouncing Jihad in every part of the world. May Allah help us to overcome this negligence.
Director Gaubatz comments: Dar Al Hijrah has Imams and visiting Islamic scholars who were trained in Saudi Arabia and who follow the Wahhabi ideology. This violent ideology is being dispersed to worshippers via CDs, internet sites, and books. The material is being provided to worshippers because it is less likely(than a verbal lecture) to draw attention from law enforcement because the Islamic scholars believe it is covered under the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The material being distributed will likely result in new converts and other Muslims who are easily influenced to commit violent acts against U.S. persons and property.