Source: Liberato.us, By Christopher Wright, August 4, 2021
Two weeks ago, I sounded the alarm about amnesty for illegal aliens being snuck into the $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation bill. The rest of that bill, along with the bipartisan infrastructure bill, is pretty alarming, too. You really should know what’s in these bills, because they have very little to do with roads and bridges and a whole lot to do with left-wing social engineering and the way life will be lived in this country for decades to come.
First up, the 2,700-page $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill (H.R. 3684). Among other things, the bill:
- forces the states to create carbon reduction programs and gives Washington the power to accept or reject them. Critics say this codifies the Paris climate agreement.
- bypasses ‘Buy American’ requirements and promotes outsourcing to countries like Communist China
- promotes illegal immigration by building ‘welcome centers’ at the border
- codifies “gender identity” as a protected class. In other words, the Republicans have caved on one of the most contentious social issues of our time. Hope you’re ready for more sexual assaults by men in girl’s bathrooms and battered women’s shelters, because that’s what’s coming.
- violates the Equal Protection clause by establishing racial quotas for broadband spending;
- spends over $70 billion on climate change and environmental remediation
- reconfigures the power grid to accommodate unreliable green energy
- includes $39 billion for public transportation and $15 billion to subsidize electric vehicles,
- and it opens the door to tax Americans for every mile they drive, which necessarily includes snooping by the federal government to determine how many miles for each driver that is.
What did the Republicans get from this bill? To answer that question, you’d have to know what Republicans stand for these days, which is impossible because they don’t know themselves.
As if all this weren’t bad enough, here’s what’s in the $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation bill:
- amnesty for millions of future Democrat voters, i.e., illegal aliens
- $150 billion dollars to support amnesty for illegal aliens
- an end to local zoning rules in order to make war on the suburbs for racial and environmental reasons. The goal here is to herd everyone into densely packed urban centers where they can be more easily controlled.
- federal mandates for a 50% reduction in carbon emissions and 80% “clean” energy
- $80 billion for the money-losing Amtrak
- more climate change provisions, including $700 billion more for subsidies and tax incentives for green energy, $10 billion for a “Civilian Climate Corps” making this bill a ‘Full Employment for Lefties Act, weatherizing and electrifying buildings, $35 billion for climate change “research”, and an additional $174 billion for electric vehicles. The federal government fleet and 20 percent of school buses will become electric under this bill. Good luck in the winter, when electric vehicles conk out, is all I can say.
- a “carbon tariff” to punish countries that don’t conform to the “green” agenda.
- more Medicare benefits and possibly lowering the eligibility age, which all sounds great but Medicare is already in deep financial trouble
- universal pre-K, which the Left desperately wants in order to destroy the family.
There’s more, but you get the idea. Only 5 percent for roads and bridges, and 95 percent for helping the Left march us off a cliff. If stack-and-pack housing, Big Brother watching you in your car, and never-ending amnesties for illegal aliens is your idea of Utopia, then these are the bills for you. But don’t come crying to me when it all turns out to be completely unlivable – hell on earth – and the lawmakers who vote for it somehow manage not to have to live by the rules they impose on the rest of us.