Source: Liberato.us, By Clare Lopez, September 2023
“Maryland Legislators Boast of Securing Taxpayer Funding for Hostile Turkish Regime Institution” by Sam Westrop at Focus on Western Islamism, August 9, 2023
- You read that right: U.S. taxpayer dollars are set to flow to The Diyanet Center of America, thanks to the Department of Homeland Security’s ‘Nonprofit Security Grant Program’. What’s important to note here is that the Diyanet (or “Directorate of Religious Affairs in Turkey”) is an official Turkish government institution whose sprawling Lanham, MD facility is Turkish government property. It is the WDC Metro area hub for Turkey’s Muslim Brotherhood regime collaboration with the ADAMS Center (All Dulles Area Muslim Society Center), located near Dulles Airport in Northern Virginia. The ADAMS Center is headed by senior Muslim Brotherhood imam and former president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), Mohamed Magid, who is the son of Sudan’s former Grand Mufti. In 2022, Magid was appointed by the Biden White House to the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom. This is not ‘Islamism’. This is U.S. Federal Government-funded jihad.
“Ilhan Omar Met With Al Qaeda Allies on Trip Funded by Islamic Terror States” by Daniel Greenfield at Front Page Magazine, August 24, 2023
- “Ilhan Omar, who decried Israeli money in US politics, got free World Cup trip from Muslim Brotherhood-linked Qatar” by Robert Spencer at Jihad Watch, August 17, 2023
- “Ilhan Omar’s Excellent Adventure In Qatar” by Hugh Fitzgerald at Jihad Watch, August 19, 2023
- “For Ilhan Omar, not all foreign influence spending is bad” by Matthew Kassel at Jewish Insider, August 16, 2023
- In November 2022, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) attended the World Cup in Qatar. Annual House financial disclosure forms filed in May 2023 now show that her trip was paid for by Qatar, one of the top supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood in the world and funder for both HAMAS and Hizballah. Omar also visited The Islamic Republic of Pakistan in April 2022, a trip paid for by the al-Qa’eda-and-Taliban-linked Pakistani government. Conveniently for her, House rules under the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act permit Members to take trips funded by foreign governments, even hostile ones like Qatar and Pakistan, provided they disclose that information on their annual financial statements. Omar, a member of the so-called “Squad” in the House is one of the most antisemitic, anti-Israel Members of Congress.
“Crocodile Tears from Jailed Muslim Brotherhood Cleric Earns Sympathy from Congress” by Benjamin Baird at Focus on Western Islamism, August 18, 2023
- Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD) has fallen for Islamic crocodile tears from Salah Soltan, a former legal resident of the U.S., who relocated to Egypt during the 2011-2012 Islamic Uprising (sometimes still called the “Arab Spring”) and was convicted on charges including terrorism, murder, and use of explosives. Soltan is serving a life sentence in Egyptian prison, but recently penned a letter expressing supposed remorse for “the error of his ways”. Cardin and other Democratic colleagues have been urging that U.S. military aid to Egypt be conditioned on Soltan’s release from prison. None of them have taken note of Soltan’s vicious antisemitism or close support for the Muslim Brotherhood. Soltan is not an “Islamist”. He’s a devout, faithful, practicing Muslim jihadi.
“Milley: Islamic State’s ‘ideology is not yet dead,’ so US will be in Syria for ‘many many years and decades to come’” by Robert Spencer at Jihad Watch, August 27, 2023
- “US military occupation of Syria hinges on ‘ISIS threat’: Milley” at The Cradle.co, August 25, 2023
- Speaking on August 24, 2023 to Jordanian TV, Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley said that U.S. forces will remain in Syria for the foreseeable future “to fight ISIS”. The reason, Milley said, is that “the ideology” of the Islamic State is “not yet dead”. Someone might remind Milley that “ISIS” (Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham) changed its name to simply “Islamic State” or IS in June 2014, because the Islamic terror group had by then expanded its reach far beyond the Middle East. Of course, Milley never says what that “ideology” of IS actually is—perhaps because that would require him and the U.S. military to acknowledge that the “ideology” of IS is defined by Islamic doctrine, law, and scripture.
“Biden Admin is the ‘Single Largest Donor’ To Taliban-Controlled Afghanistan Since Botched Withdrawal, Watchdog Says” by Jake Smith at The Daily Caller, August 8, 2023
- According to an August 2023 report from the Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction (SIGAR), the Biden administration has given $2.35 billion to Taliban-controlled Afghanistan since the catastrophic flight from Kabul in August 2021. SIGAR head, John Sopko, warned Congress that he could not be sure U.S. taxpayer dollars are not funding the Taliban, in part because the Biden administration is blocking efforts to investigate where exactly U.S. money is going.
“Biden Regime Used ‘Iran Lobby’ Founder to Broker New Iran Deal” by Daniel Greenfield at Jihad Watch, August 3, 2023
- Desperate to revive the moribund Iran nuclear deal (JCPOA, Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action), the Biden administration turned once again to the same Iran Lobby crew involved in the original 2015 deal during the Obama administration. Among them was Trita Parsi, one of the founders of NIAC (National Iranian American Council); Robert Malley, the Biden administration’s point man for the Iran nuclear talks (now removed for unspecified national security reasons); and Ali Vaez, Malley’s former right-hand man at the Soros-funded International Crisis Group. Vaez and Parsi currently work at the Soros-and-Koch-brother-funded Quincy Institute. Despite the best efforts of these Iran Lobby stalwarts, however, the Iranian regime has not agreed to return to the nuclear negotiating table.
“GOP reps raise alarm bells over Iran’s influence in ‘American religious institutions’” by Benjamin Weinthal at Fox News, August 1, 2023
- Republican Members of Congress sent a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland and Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines, warning of influence by the Islamic Republic of Iran in at least four Shi’ite U.S. mosques and Islamic Centers. Named were the Islamic Education Center (IEC) in Potomac, Maryland; the Islamic Education Center (IEC) in Houston, TX; the Islamic House of Wisdom (IHW) in Dearborn Heights, Michigan; and the Manassas Mosque in Manassas, Virginia. The Members’ awareness of Iranian regime attempts to infiltrate its influence inside U.S. mosques and Islamic Centers and efforts to call attention to them are laudable, but one wonders where they have been for the last six or seven decades as the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood was spreading its jihadist agenda across the country.
“Bangladeshi Fury After U.S. Visa Granted to Dangerous Hate Preacher” by Sam Westrop at Focus on Western Islamism, August 16, 2023
- A Bangladeshi preacher named Mizanur Rahman Azhari was granted entry into the U.S. to speak at the 17 August 2023 Muslim Ummah of North America (MUNA) conference in Philadelphia, PA. His profile shows him to be a mainstream devout, faithful, practicing Muslim, who adheres vocally to Islamic doctrine on apostasy, Jew-hatred, and jihad. He likewise condemns the Ahmadiyya Muslim community because of its failure to adhere to Islamic doctrine on jihad. Unfortunately, neither U.S. border authorities nor many others understand that such positions, while hateful, are clearly within the mainstream, normative, orthodox doctrine of Islam.
“What to Make of CNN’s Exclusive About an ISIS Smuggler Who Moved Uzbeks Over the Border” by Todd Bensman at The Center for Immigration Studies, August 29, 2023
- In August 2023, an FBI manhunt was underway for a group of Uzbek nationals who reportedly were brought into the U.S. over our open southern border by a human smuggler with connections to ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham – since June 2014, simply “IS” or “Islamic State”). It’s not clear from the report whether the Uzbeks were located and interviewed or vetted, but Bensman’s reporting highlights the chaotic situation on the U.S. southern border, where Customs and Border Protection agents are understaffed, under-resourced, and deliberately prevented by the Biden administration and Alejandro Mayorkas’ Department of Homeland Security from carrying out their duty to secure that border.